Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Upcoming Concerts / Concert Reviews

We didn't get super close (price you have to pay to stay drunk I guess) and don't have a great camera so I didn't bother with pictures. There was supposed to be a couple tapers there though, so hopefully I should be able to download the audio soon. I can post the link here if your buddy would be interested.

It's too bad they didn't play in Chicago to give you a chance to go. Oh wait, they did, the day before this concert. And it was an awesome setlist. So no, michchamp, you are the one that sucks.

Flying Lotus tonight at the Majestic Theater in Detroit. I'll blaze one for you Diggler

Rocking at 50? oh 50 years since they started touring. was going to say, I think those guys are like 70 now

It was a fun time. My wife has been battling a cold so we lost a little bit of steam by the end of the show, but we shook our asses plenty. Weird collection of d-bags in the crowd though.

D bags pop up whenever a band or dj gets popular.. you should see the umphreys mcgee shows these days. Oh well. Was there a taper at the show? cuz I'd like to hear it.

I saw Regina Spektor with my girlfriend last night.

that's kinda cool, right guys?

not really my type of music, but it made her happy.

D bags pop up whenever a band or dj gets popular.. you should see the umphreys mcgee shows these days. Oh well. Was there a taper at the show? cuz I'd like to hear it.

No clue, didn't see anybody but I wasn't looking. I figured you'd be better equipped at finding a recording....hint hint...

I saw Regina Spektor with my girlfriend last night.

that's kinda cool, right guys?

not really my type of music, but it made her happy.

Ha, that's my step-daughter's favorite. She really wanted to go to the Filmore show in Detroit. I said we wouldn't take her, it'd be torture. Of course that only made her want to go more.

Ha, that's my step-daughter's favorite. She really wanted to go to the Filmore show in Detroit. I said we wouldn't take her, it'd be torture. Of course that only made her want to go more.

well, it wasn't THAT bad I guess. having to tolerate a chick flick or romantic comedy in the theatre is a lot worse.

I would listen to her if I was sitting around reading, or trying to work, but not any other time. it wasn't as grating as some other "chick music" is, like Ani DiFranco or Sarah McLaughlin or something .

is that your Nazi pro-torture step daughter? she probably wouldn't have liked it that much, since Regina gave a shout out to Barack Obama in the middle of the set and said she hoped he'd make his hometown proud again in November

I only threw in the torture comment because, yes, I am talking about the torture fan. I've had to listen to Regina Spektor on cd a few times, she's not too bad. The vocal inflections do get a little annoying.

I only threw in the torture comment because, yes, I am talking about the torture fan. ...

The vocal inflections do get a little annoying.

oh. I got it now.

that's probably my biggest complaint about a lot of female singers: the tricks they try to pull with their vocal delivery annoy me. it sounds so pretentious and fake.

Back