Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inception

biggunsbob

What did you guys make of this movie. I watched it again the other day and really liked it all over again.. What are your thoughts.

Good movie, but one of those "only has the true effect the first time you see it" types.

Like the Sixth Sense, Shutter Island, etc.

I copied it and have watched a couple times when nothing else was on TV and I was bored with the internet.

Vastly overrated. It's not even clever. Confusion + Leo + Special effects = Brilliant writing? I think not....

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Vastly overrated. It's not even clever. Confusion + Leo + Special effects = Brilliant writing? I think not....

Really, I thought the idea of dream sharing, plus layered dreams was very clever and original.

Not to mention the invasive subconscious, and the 'kick' the feeling of falling that wakes you up from a dream.

The plot could have been a better story, but the concept was not just clever, it was awesome.

It initial Catch was the first and easiest thing to create. A story about tapping into dreams and then leaving a twist at the end of whether or not they were still dreaming.... Not original. Not creative. After that idea was conceived he then wrote a screen play around that 1 gist. There's no foundation to the writing.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]It initial Catch was the first and easiest thing to create. A story about tapping into dreams and then leaving a twist at the end of whether or not they were still dreaming.... Not original. Not creative. After that idea was conceived he then wrote a screen play around that 1 gist. There's no foundation to the writing.

Name some of the other movies/books that used this concept? There are variations of this but I am not sure with is one exactly like this...

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]It initial Catch was the first and easiest thing to create. A story about tapping into dreams and then leaving a twist at the end of whether or not they were still dreaming.... Not original. Not creative. After that idea was conceived he then wrote a screen play around that 1 gist. There's no foundation to the writing.

You're one of "those guys?" lol

I thought it was a good movie. Something different and made you pay attention. I watch movies to be entertained and it did just that.

Back