Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mad Men

mojolio

Best show on TV or best show on TV
8x0a61.jpg

We are finally watching this series . Me and my wife are half way through the series. Man there are some great characters. Don Draper is something. Peggy, Roger, Joan. So many good ones l very well written and the set pieces of the period are fantastic .

We like it. I can see why it won awards. The writing is fantastic the sets are fun, and the wardrobe is fantastic. I don't believe they drank all the time but I could be wrong.

I liked it; didn't watch the whole series carefully, but followed most episodes.

Like with Breaking Bad, I made sure to watch every episode sequentially; not so much with Mad Men, but Breaking Bad was more of a linear story.

The writing and episodes kinda fall apart a bit in later seasons, but as a series it's still watchable all the way through.

Maybe I have a bias for the 60s because when they hit the 70s I think that's when the show lost it's luster for me.

Maybe I have a bias for the 60s because when they hit the 70s I think that's when the show lost it's luster for me.

kinda like Boogie Nights, except that got bad when the 70's became the 80's.

Back