Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We've lost Abe Vigoda

Michchamp

was kind of a running gag on certain internet sites that we was dead after it was falsely reported a few years back. I just read another article on him and it said he was also falsely reported dead in 1982, as Barney Miller ended. well, he has apparently passed away for real now

was kind of a running gag on certain internet sites that we was dead after it was falsely reported a few years back. I just read another article on him and it said he was also falsely reported dead in 1982, as Barney Miller ended. well, he has apparently passed away for real now

MichLady posted this thread too; I still say it's just another internet prank.

The first thing I thought of when I read this was a recent trip to south Fl. We saw one of those signs along the interstate and it said "Silver alert, looking for red olds sedan". I had heard of an Amber alert but never a silver alert. I did a google search and sure enough...it seems in FL old people go missing, walk or drive off and they issue a "silver alert". Old people wandering off isn't funny but the term "silver alert" cracked me up.

The first thing I thought of when I read this was a recent trip to south Fl. We saw one of those signs along the interstate and it said "Silver alert, looking for red olds sedan". I had heard of an Amber alert but never a silver alert. I did a google search and sure enough...it seems in FL old people go missing, walk or drive off and they issue a "silver alert". Old people wandering off isn't funny but the term "silver alert" cracked me up.

I think we have silver alerts in NC too.

I think Letterman or Conan did a fake Abe Vigoda is dead bit once, when he appears on the set as peeking our from behind a curtain or something.

Back