Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

christian god destroys home of christian bigot

You got me picture man, I am sorry, I don't have time nor inclination to go find dumb pictures on the internet for you. So I guess you win the internets. OPA!

why did you say "opa!"?

I'm pretty sure both you and he have no Greek ancestry, and actually both share Polish ancestry (to varying degrees).

You could've said "sto lat" or some other Polish word.

My grandma taught me to count to 20 in Polish, but that and the "sto lat" song are the only polish I know. I don't even know how to say "hi" in Polish.

why did you say "opa!"?

I'm pretty sure both you and he have no Greek ancestry, and actually both share Polish ancestry (to varying degrees).

You could've said "sto lat" or some other Polish word.

My grandma taught me to count to 20 in Polish, but that and the "sto lat" song are the only polish I know. I don't even know how to say "hi" in Polish.

I can speak/understand way more than I can write. Way too many c's, z's, and w's for me at least.

OPA, while Greek in origin, is the expression used in Greek restaurants when lighting Saganaki on fire and burning our eyebrows off. Greektown was one of my favorite haunts when I lived in Michigan. It grew on me.

Now, while Tinsel didn't light cheese on fire, he did have a pretty good retort steeped in funny pictures. That utterance just popped into my head as I wrote the response.

Am I not allowed to use it?

BTW as long as its fully hijacked anyway:
Informal: cześć (cheh-sh-ch) hard to pronounce in English. (translated as Hello)
More Formal: dzień dobry (jayn DOH-bry) y is nearly silent - sort of a short staccato i. (translated as Good Day)

I could say them but couldn't have spelled them to save my life. Had to look them up.

Kawdup. You are coming across as.....agitated. Are you ok?

BTW as long as its fully hijacked anyway:
Informal: cześć (cheh-sh-ch) hard to pronounce in English. (translated as Hello)
More Formal: dzień dobry (jayn DOH-bry) y is nearly silent - sort of a short staccato i. (translated as Good Day)

I could say them but couldn't have spelled them to save my life. Had to look them up.

thanks. I have heard polish relatives say "dzien dobry" now that u mention it.

Last time in Ukraine, I learned Ukrainians refer to Poles as "Pscheks" because of all the psh's and check's in the spoken language. I laughed. Both languages kinda sound like dogshit to me though. But I didn't say that.

Ukrainian is more similar to Polish than Russian is, from what I gather. there are a bunch of words in common.

Ukrainian is more similar to Polish than Russian is, from what I gather. there are a bunch of words in common.

Do you mean similar pronunciations? The alphabet still looks Greek to me. :*)

The Slovaks, Bohemians, Polish, and Ukrainians have many similarities both in culture and language. Certainly in foods.

The history of Eastern Europe (as you have stated in other threads) is absolutely fascinating.

To get even further out of context in this thread. Have you found a place to get Ukrainian meats in Texas - better question is does your wife even still like them? It took forever, but finally found one here in Atlanta. They sell German, Polish, Bohemian, and Ukrainian meats that you just can't find in the supermarkets. We get fresh Polish Kielbasa there. We buy about 10 lbs. for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Around the holidays, the line starts at 6:00 AM on Saturdays, and normally takes 2 hours to get in. It is sure worth it.

Kawdup. You are coming across as.....agitated. Are you ok?

I assume you are talking about your offensive comments concerning the underwear of Christ? Not agitated as much as indignant.

I totally thought I was extending the dumb joke while still providing my own brand of religious knowledge.

But my sarcasm always has teeth. Occupational hazard going all the way back to infancy of the internet, BBSs and especially USENET.

To get even further out of context in this thread. Have you found a place to get Ukrainian meats in Texas - better question is does your wife even still like them? It took forever, but finally found one here in Atlanta. They sell German, Polish, Bohemian, and Ukrainian meats that you just can't find in the supermarkets. We get fresh Polish Kielbasa there. We buy about 10 lbs. for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Around the holidays, the line starts at 6:00 AM on Saturdays, and normally takes 2 hours to get in. It is sure worth it.

Nope. I can't find good kielbasa or polish ham anywhere, though I haven't tried anything beyond the regular grocery stores we go to. I might look into that this weekend.

there doesnt seem to be much Polish-American heritage in Houston. at least not like the midwest.

my wife did find a Russian-American grocery store in the city that imports Eastern European staples. now she's able to get the disgusting herring-in-oil thing she likes to eat. they'd didn't have Polish food though.

Nope. I can't find good kielbasa or polish ham anywhere, though I haven't tried anything beyond the regular grocery stores we go to. I might look into that this weekend.

there doesnt seem to be much Polish-American heritage in Houston. at least not like the midwest.

my wife did find a Russian-American grocery store in the city that imports Eastern European staples. now she's able to get the disgusting herring-in-oil thing she likes to eat. they'd didn't have Polish food though.

That herring-in-oil thing brings good luck if you eat on New Years night as the year ends. :*)

Back