Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Classic Oscar Moments

Michchamp

Just a little something to get you movie buffs excited for this weekend. Here's a little quiz! How many of these classic Oscar moments do you remember: link.

I just LOOOOVE the Oscars...

The Stars! The Glamor! The Pageantry! it's all so fabulous! I'll definitely be tuning in this year!

Just a little something to get you movie buffs excited for this weekend. Here's a little quiz! How many of these classic Oscar moments do you remember: link.

I just LOOOOVE the Oscars...

The Stars! The Glamor! The Pageantry! it's all so fabulous! I'll definitely be tuning in this year!

I like the Oscar presentation itself and I like to watch Jimmy Kimmel live afterword.

Someone who should know told me they're actually going to rush him across the street to do his after Oscar show this year as usual; I actually haven't really looked into it. I'm not home I guess I can check my local listings for that when I do get home.

I usually like to watch the Super Bowl.

I don't care for either the hours on the red carpet before the awards just like I don't care for the hours of pregame before the Super Bowl, but if people are into those then cool beans for them.

It's just like with the college bowl games. Most seasons I like to watch quite a few of them. I hear people complaining that there are too many and I'm like, "well that's an easy problem to solve. Just don't watch them."

Last edited:
my favorite fake oscar moment from the site was this one:

"When Martin Scorsese yelled “Sayonara, assface!” following every name in the In Memoriam segment"

I wish that really happened.

When Airport lost BP to Patton in 1971, I knew that the Oscars were rigged. Then Helen Hayes wins BSA over Sally Kellerman and Karen Black. I was seriously rooting for the plane to crash. What a bomb of a picture, to use the vernacular of the day. Have not watched the Oscars much since.

When Airport lost BP to Patton in 1971, I knew that the Oscars were rigged. Then Helen Hayes wins BSA over Sally Kellerman and Karen Black. I was seriously rooting for the plane to crash. What a bomb of a picture, to use the vernacular of the day. Have not watched the Oscars much since.

that was the one George C. Scott famously didn't go to, despite winning best actor, right?

that was the one George C. Scott famously didn't go to, despite winning best actor, right?

Correct. He did the same thing in 1962; he refused the nomination for The Hustler. FYI: he was an Atheist.

Correct. He did the same thing in 1962; he refused the nomination for The Hustler. FYI: he was an Atheist.

I knew he was a bit of an independent thinker and iconoclast, but didn't know he was also a fellow enlightened one.

I've been a fan of his ever since GrandpaMichchamp made me watch Patton with him, back when I was 12 or so. Scott was so into that role, I remember at the time I actually thought he WAS Patton.

I knew he was a bit of an independent thinker and iconoclast, but didn't know he was also a fellow enlightened one.

Atheism = enlightenment? Can you prove that?

I've been a fan of his ever since GrandpaMichchamp made me watch Patton with him, back when I was 12 or so. Scott was so into that role, I remember at the time I actually thought he WAS Patton.

Scott was the Daniel-Day Lewis of his generation.

1. That time when the winners speech lasted through the next scheduled break.
2. And when that one actor messed up reading the TelePromptTer
3. And when that guy couldn't get the envelope open
4. When the host made a joke and no one laughed
5. That time when that guy was drunk when he accepted the award
6. The epic moment when that guy no one ever heard of accepted the Oscar for Best Sound Editing

Last edited:
1. That time when the winners speech lasted through the next scheduled break.
2. And when that one actor messed up reading the TelePromptTer
3. And when that guy couldn't get the envelope open
4. When the host made a joke and no one laughed
5. That time when that guy was drunk when he accepted the award
6. The epic moment when that guy no one ever heard of accepted the Oscar for Best Sound Editing

so spontaneous and exciting! We'll be talking about the "Best Picture" screw up for weeks!

They hadn't heard of him, but they had heard his work.

Back when I was film snob and there were still NAGRAs and MAG and FOLEY ARTISTS (are there still?), I knew more of the names, same with the DPs. I was a big DP guy, more than I was a director guy. I liked working below the line sometimes more than above it, back in a prior life that I have lately been thinking about re-generating.

Back