Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lightning 3 Red Wings 2 Final

Still a solid game by the Wings..

I think TB toyed with us the last 10 minutes. It was really frustrating to watch not being able to escape our own end. Get AA in camp please Kenny.

Last edited:
Maybe someone can answer this.. The 2nd goal by TB, over Howard's shoulder. I've seen other goalies try to stop pucks this way but why not throw his glove hand up to stop it?

I think TB toyed with us the last 10 minutes. It was really frustrating to watch not being able to escape our own end. Get AA in camp please Kenny.

Frustrating yeah but we outplayed them early only to fall behind 2-0. Had a nice second period.. Solid effort. TB has a good team.

Maybe someone can answer this.. The 2nd goal by TB, over Howard's shoulder. I've seen other goalies try to stop pucks this way but why not throw his glove hand up to stop it?

Howard was trying to see through Namestnikov and Ericsson (think it was more the human pylon). He wasn't exactly down in the butterfly before the puck went past.

Possible explanation why the glove moved late (after the puck seemed past him) and why he didn't go all the way. (Must see must see)
LmkZAxX.jpg

If it was a slower shot or had he seen it before it got past Ericsson there would have been a higher probability of making a save.

Note on reverse angle, puck is already at Ericsson's hand and Howard is only in the "ready" stance. As in ready (anticipating the shot) to go down into the butterfly.

zO04557.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics and the explanation. In real time it was so fast I missed the screen.

In real time can't even see the puck on video. If you pause it only see a faint greyish blur.

Kucherov got 1 hell of a shot.

Back