Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Bears Thread

As for the wild card possibility

Panthers won
Dallas is playing right now

Seahawks and Atlanta will play each other tomorrow, not sure what benefits the Lions more...

A Falcons win evens up the Lions, Falcons, and Seahawks to 6-4, but keeping the Falcons in the hunt hurts the Lions due to the head-to-head advantage

A Seahawks win puts two 7-3 teams atop the WC which keeps the Lions one game behind

Panthers won

Seahawks and Atlanta will play each other tomorrow, not sure what benefits the Lions more...

A Falcons win evens up the Lions, Falcons, and Seahawks to 6-4, but keeping the Falcons in the hunt hurts the Lions due to the head-to-head advantage

A Seahawks win puts two 7-3 teams atop the WC which keeps the Lions one game behind

Gotta think Atlanta wins that one with Chancellor and Sherman done for the year. Not sure what that defense is without them.

Lions are slowly closing the gap on the division rivalries

24 game behind Chicago
29 games behind GB
32 games behind Minnesota

The 00s really put the Lions in a big(ger) hole

Slow is an understatement, since splitting the two home and road series in one regular season means bupkis. It could take the rest of the 21st century to just get even with the Vikings, since they would need to win both games, and not lose both for decades to catch up.

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford passed his boyhood hero on the all-time career passing list Sunday.
Stafford threw for 299 yards, upping his career total to 33,063. He passed former Cowboys Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman, who had 32,942 career passing yards.

Panthers won

I think we root for the Seahawks but I am not sure . I think the Rams may fade but then again if Atlanta wins then detroit, Falcons, and Seahawks will all be 6-4 and that takes the head to win by the Falcons verses us out of the equation and I think it goes to conference games after that .. but then ATL is 5-1, det 5-3, and Seattle 4-3 if ATL wins .. so maybe we root for Seattle to win and the Rams to fade as the Rams are only 4-3 in conference. Unbelievably we may finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs :/

Last edited:
I think we root for the Seahawks but I am not sure . I think the Rams may fade but then again if Atlanta wins then detroit, Falcons, and Seahawks will all be 6-4 and that takes the head to win by the Falcons verses us out of the equation and I think it goes to conference games after that .. but then ATL is 5-1, det 5-3, and Seattle 4-3 if ATL wins .. so maybe we root for Seattle to win and the Rams to fade as the Rams are only 4-3 in conference. Unbelievably we may finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs :/

Falcons schedule is brutal.

Seahawks away
Buccs
Vikings
Saints
Buccs Away
Saints Away
Panthers

If Matt Ryan doesn't get his head out of his ass they could wind up 8-8!

That’s two game balls in a row for Slay, he’s been amazing this season.

Tahir Whitehead was fined $9,115 for stepping on the leg of Bears OL Charles Leno.

Other Lions-Bears fines are Kyle Long $9,115 for unnecessary roughness and Jeremiah Valoaga $18,231 for roughing Mitchell Trubisky.

Back