Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

I'd watch that sitcom.
He was considering tying himself to a tree during last year's Houston hurricane, and taking a shortcut in becoming born again via thunderous tempest, but I might have helped to convince him that maybe it was not such a great idea after all.

I wonder how people would feel if we started threads with titles like these?

Today's example of Jews behaving badly

Today's example of Blacks behaving badly

Today's example of Jews behaving badly

Blacks, Jews, Muslims, and Latinos don't have an equivalent "Moral Majority" superiority complex. If they are going to dish that out, then they should have to take it.

So would that be black non Christians only? Or are black Christians so much worse than other Christians that they need their own thread?

Last edited:

You guys do know that in ten years, if MichChamp stays there, Texas will turn him into a Bible thumping, pickup with a gun rack driving, confederate flag flying, climate change denying right wing Republican, don't you?

I'd watch that sitcom.

You guys laugh, as do all my Chicago lawyer buddies who call me "Tex" now, but I am pretty miserable here.

I probably deserve this though.

sometimes the headlines write themselves:

"Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty" (link).

surprisingly, the jury failed to heed the word of god (presumably the christian god), and found the defendant guilty of human trafficking (she prostituted her niece out repeatedly to older men).

He should be thrown off the bench for this. :ugh:

why yes, he was a Republican appointee, did you really need to ask?

sometimes the headlines write themselves:

"Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty" (link).

surprisingly, the jury failed to heed the word of god (presumably the christian god), and found the defendant guilty of human trafficking (she prostituted her niece out repeatedly to older men).

He should be thrown off the bench for this. :ugh:

why yes, he was a Republican appointee, did you really need to ask?

It seems to me the guy was being compassionate.

Like Jesus would have been.

Sounds more like a Democrat.

Today's Example:

North Texas Televangelist Tells Listeners Not to Get a Flu Shot:
"Listen, partners, we don't have a flu season," Copeland, 75, said in a Facebook video posted Jan. 31. "We've got a duck season, a deer season, but we don't have a flu season."

"And don't receive it when somebody threatens you with, 'Everybody is getting the flu,'" she added. "We've already had our shot. He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases. That's what we stand on. ...

That's great -- that's the way it's supposed to be," she continued. "Just keep saying that 'I'll never have the flu. I'll never have the flu.' Inoculate yourself with the word of God. Flu, I bind you off the people in the name of Jesus. Jesus himself gave us the flu shot. He redeemed us from the curse of flu."
BZZZT! WRONG. None of that is true, except for the part about a duck and deer season.

does this have anything to do with Trump?
"Gloria Copeland, a member of the president's faith advisory council, posted the video last Wednesday..."
The article notes dryly:
A devastating flu outbreak has killed dozens since October. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said at least 14,676 people have been hospitalized with influenza since the flu season began in October, double the number from all of last year and the highest ever recorded. The agency urges those who haven't been vaccinated to get a flu shot.

At least 53 children have died from the flu this season, including 16 just last week, according to the CDC.

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea behind Copeland's crap, is that there will be some xtian extremists who won't get sick, and she will point to them being proof for the most prayerfully pious. Anyone else who gets the flu just isn't/wasn't xtian enough.

Last edited:
Holy Toledo!

Pastor (and his wife and daughter) of the St. Paul of Zion church of Toledo, OH, assault and rob a Sunday School teacher while she taught class. he also allegedly pulled a gun out and threatened to kill her. link.

Holy Toledo!

Pastor (and his wife and daughter) of the St. Paul of Zion church of Toledo, OH, assault and rob a Sunday School teacher while she taught class. he also allegedly pulled a gun out and threatened to kill her. link.

That's some next level 'behaving badly'.

Mom crashes her car into a telephone pole to prove to her kids (ages 5 & 7) that the Christian god is real. Yes the kids were in the car with her at the time...

kids sound like they're already too smart to believe this bullshit though:

Sitting in a police car, her children explained what happened before the crash.

“You think she did it on purpose?” the officer asks.

“Yeah because she turned. Her eyes was closed and she was saying, blah, blah, blah, ‘I love God,’” one daughter said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an example for you of Christians behaving badly:

This thread, post #52. The links are there.

Ben Shapiro, whom for reasons that are inexplicable, unimaginable and unfathomable to me you continually insist is a racist, is the singular most targeted journalist for hatred by the alt right - now that shit there, that is just Christians behaving badly.

Last edited:
I never liked this thread, I mentioned it a few times, but I get it now. Appalling and I'm embarrassed. What the fuck is wrong with these people.. These damn Priests I hope they all rot in hell.

I never liked this thread, I mentioned it a few times, but I get it now. Appalling and I'm embarrassed. What the fuck is wrong with these people.. These damn Priests I hope they all rot in hell.

It's more likely that they will just rot in the ground...like the rest of us.

Back