Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Are We Wanting Chicago to Win? To Lose? Or We Just Not Giving a Shit?

tinselwolverine

I saw former President Clinton on the Mika and Joe Show the other day...or maybe it was yesterday...he was chillin' in Chi' with the Mayor, there to be a part of some conference of mayors, or some such thing.

The Mayor seemed pretty excited about the NHL finals...

A little bit of all three options,

Don't like the blackThughawks, didn't mind when they finally won a Cup last few years, they had been irrelevant since 1961 so congrats.
Same with the Bruins a couple years back, they had not won squat since the Orr/Espo days.

But once that happens their fans become assholish and entitled. The
Crap I watch/read/listen to here is so much bullshit....probably the same in chicago if they are 'anything' like whitesox and I guess bears fans? the guys on the Lions board would know about that better than I would.
....and I don't really care, 'cause the RedWings aren't in it.

Hockey season ends when the Wings season ends. The Stanley Cup is only ever won by the Wings. EVER! Sometimes it takes a tour of other places so people can appreciate and marvel at what the Wings have won. The names and years inscribed on the Stanley Cup are done so as a way to keep track of who is currently granted temporary right to handle it and serves as a record keeping system so the Wings can track down any party responsible for mishandling it.

Hawks - Bruins final ... Sophie's Choice. All I can hope for is an agonizing, unforgettable Game 7 defeat for either team, where there is some obvious controversial decision that screws one or the other, so that the loser can cry righteous indignation and the winner knows in its heart of hearts it benefited from a tragically incompetent decision by an official.

By default, Chicago.

Can't stand Boston fans across the board and have no love for that city.

I'd be "happy" if the Bruins won. Really dislike everything associated with the 'Hawks.

Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup.

Looked like a collapse at the very end of the 3rd period for the bruins.

That was a crazy end to the game. Tied, then boston takes the lead, chicago pulls goalie and ties it up, then takes the lead 30s later.

Back