Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fister Traded, now is retiring from baseball

Yeah I really hate this trade. Who knows it may work wonders, I have been known to make an ass of myself a time or two.

What is Stephen Lombardozzi even a starter? His numbers are not very good...

I think Dombrowski gets the benefit of doubt because hes been nothing but brilliant in his entire tenure with us. Hope this one isnt a dud, I really liked fister. Doesn't seem like we got too much. Lombardozzi: Back up 2b or outfielder or both? Starter in LF?

Well we got basically nothing for a pitcher who has been among the 25 best in the game the last few seasons. Just stupid. There is no way that is the most they could get for Fister.

Hmm..I won't give a pass to DD just because of his past. The trade on paper, looks like shit.

This trade brought to you by the letter "D". As in Dave. As in Dombrowski. As in Dumbfounded.

I guess you can trade a #3 starter for a utility infielder and two LOOGYs.

I think Dombrowski gets the benefit of doubt because hes been nothing but brilliant in his entire tenure with us. Hope this one isnt a dud, I really liked fister. Doesn't seem like we got too much. Lombardozzi: Back up 2b or outfielder or both? Starter in LF?

It is your judgement he has been brillant.

Personally, I don't see it.

Every so often, DD does something that immediately on its face is a bad decision. Prince Fielder's contract was one of those things but that was almost certainly mostly Ilitch. This trade is pretty much instantaneously bad.

Doug Fister is #10 in all MLB in FIP over the last three years, better than Scherzer even, and we got nothing for him despite the fact he's got two more years of team control. Unreal.

Wow that's all we got for Fister?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A #3 SP under ballclub control thru '15 in Fister became one of DD best trades...but now trading Dougie away for a LF? with what looks like a mediocre at best switch-hitter with no power & 2 LH RPs might turn out to be one of his worst.

Last edited:
Back