Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rangers @ Kings Game # 5

2-2 going to second Ot.... Kings had more chances in ot but both had pucks off iron... Rangers also had a late breakaway denied by Quick..

Freaking INSANE OT - awesome, so many chances (mainly for LA)

Prediction- kings win 5 mins into 2nd OT

Kings hit post in first few minutes of 2 Ot...

Now Rangers are on a PP..

Last edited:
Back and forth - posts and crossbars -- crazy and awesome, without a dog in the fight, either.

Me too...I would be dead if the Wings were in this game... Or passed out..

Just a amazing game...

Kings win 3-2 on a rebound shot...

Win series 4-1... Winning on home ice is a sweet thing...

Last edited:
Alec Martinez scored the winning goal off a rebound shot... He was born in Rochester Michigan.. Played for Miami University (CCHA)

Last edited:
Yep.

Kings win again. Wife went to bed; asked what channel the game was on; but apparently fell asleep before the game ended.

I don't think I'll wake her up; it's been a rough day and change for her. She'll be a little happy about it when she finds out about
It in the morning.

Oh by the way... All you guys on the NHL general board know way more about hockey than I do.

That said… wow what an exciting game! All those potential game-winning shots in overtime that went off the posts or the crossbar! For both teams!

I wonder of Ken Holland is weary of the effort required to sustain excellence year in and out. Some of the personnel decisions he's made -- or not made -- are directly responsible for the demise of this team. IMO some of the best players in the Wings' organization are in GR and they are being bottle-necked by some under-performing veterans in Detroit.

Back