Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My Gaming Blog

I agree. I just hope he doesn't do SLI at this time or he'll need a bigger psu. I still would have went bigger, nothing wrong with spending a bit more for more power. It's as important as any component there is..
Right but he is not going to SLI. I would have went different in that event. He is also not overclocking, another reason for that choice.

I worked at Toys R Us btw, about 2 years while I was going to college. Good times.

Would you agree with my premise though? No one has any inventiveness when it comes to trying out games anymore.

Somewhat. Games in general have changed, way too many FPS. I don't play FPS so that sucks for me. My favorite genre, point and click. Bring them back..aside from that games are too expensive and too short. What I like about point and click, you can take your time it doesn't go from one shooting mission to another with no time to slow down and take a look around.

And Multiplayer..is fk'ing up games these days.

fucking multiplayer. im an antisocial misanthrope, i hate all the MP focus today because people on online MP tend to be asshats. give me a long, deep, excellent story and im good.

i can kinda see where you're comin from on the review thing, and i partially agree. i use them as a starting point and i always read more than one to get a feel for what the game is. i never went to stores and bought games blind, i never had the money to do that (nor do i now, really lol) so i always made sure i was going to like the game i bought. but yeah, lots of people treat them like gospel and some good games fall through the cracks now.

Last edited:
It's all about storyline. You don't have that and it's fkn useless..

I picked up a Wii U recently. I have devoted too much energy to intensive experiences like Dark Souls 2, which have just drained me. I remember when I used to actually have fun playing games, it has recently turned into a chore. Mario Kart was such a nice palette cleanser.

I picked up a Wii U recently. I have devoted too much energy to intensive experiences like Dark Souls 2, which have just drained me. I remember when I used to actually have fun playing games, it has recently turned into a chore. Mario Kart was such a nice palette cleanser.

I've been thinking a little bit about getting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYsynl4Odo8

Last edited:

I tried the first Dark Souls..hated it. It felt non fun. Drained is a good explanation.

With other games, I never feel obligated to play on hard or worse difficulty. If I'm not having fun dying every 12 seconds or can't get past a mission I'll lower the difficulty.

I posted again to my blog, feel free to take a look and see if you agree.

You can have graohics with story these days though too many games forget the story part..I mean I like graphics..even years ago..why wouldn't anyone not? By themself though it's a bad game. In the past, this was in the 80's, games by text. Type w for west or we for southwest. That's how you'd move the story along. That was awesome..I wish they still made these type games.

I think it depends when you grew up. If you grew up in the FPS years, you might have more appreciation for it than someone who grew up in the 70's where it was more story driven. FPS make no sense to me, I like to see my characters.

I also like games that I can spend days on and still be early in the game..even the uncharted games which I like aren't very long. Everything seems to be 8, 10, 12 hour games. That's why now I go for the open ended games .. I can move through the story at my own pace.

For the PS3 they had some remakes/remastered games like Monkey Island. PS4 needs some of the that, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Zork etc. Even the Longest story, which btw was the longest story. These games are only 15-20 years ago and suddenly bam, they stop making them.

Anyway, too many fucked up gaming companies.

There is a concentrated effort by the industry to make games that wow you more with visuals rather than connections. FF3 was actually a huge step up in terms of graphics, but because it was so early in the overall timeline, I didn't really notice it too much.

I think the novelty of powerful graphics wears off quickly. I remember testing out Mario 64 at Blockbuster before the N64 game out. The first true 3d game. I was blown away. But you quickly adapt to it. Same with XBOX 360. I bought it along with PS3, and while I was initially amazed, I wanted the games to draw me in with story.

The graphical ability of games is going to provide very diminishing returns. How much more advanced can we get?? Everything already looks about lifelike. Other than us actually being in the games, what else can we do with graphics?

Last edited:
They can go higher. Games have never been caught up with hardware..

But it really has come to same ole same ole. No one's original anymore..

It will happen eventually. The difference between the upper level PS3 games and some of the PS4 current titles are minimal at best. You can only make games so realistic until it's just people actually in the game.

It will happen eventually. The difference between the upper level PS3 games and some of the PS4 current titles are minimal at best. You can only make games so realistic until it's just people actually in the game.

Like I said hardware is always ahead of software, games. It's been like that since forever..

Mitch, look at the history of the jumps. Atari to Nintendo was astronomical. Nintendo to SNES and Genesis, equally astronomical. SNES to N64, Playstation 1, all huge jumps. Playstation 1 to PS2, pretty damn big, but a little less impactful. PS2 to PS3, decently big jump. PS3 to PS4, slight jump.

If we were doing those parabolas that I remember from 10th grade, the curve is eventually going to stop approaching the axis and will level out. The returns have slowly diminished with each passing system. There may be new concepts in terms of having people actually be a part of the game, in which graphics are irrelevant, it's just reality.

Last edited:
What I was trying to say each system is capable of doing more than what a game can produce. By the time a have can produce that a new system is in place.

Okay so I decided to buy and download the Last of Us, PS4, a few days okay. And so far good game. I think the young girl steals the game..not much for the dude star but the girl has a way about her..a smart ass way but it works.

Now they just need the other Naughty Dog games, uncharted, remastered.

Back