Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Interstellar

biggunsbob

My son and I just went to see Interstellar in Imax and we both thought it was great. I think Nolan is one fine director, and writer...

I wonder if Matthew McConaughey has a line in that movie that went something like "Man, I love faster than light travel, the girls on Earth keep getting older and I stay the same age. Alright, alright, alright".

I wonder if Matthew McConaughey has a line in that movie that went something like "Man, I love faster than light travel, the girls on Earth keep getting older and I stay the same age. Alright, alright, alright".

LOL...If he did I don't remember it. People should just open your mind and expand your horizons even if you don't like Matthew as a actor which I know a lot of people don't... The movie was solid...Nolan has same damn impressive credentials...

Incredible movie. I'm going to see it a few more times to close some gaps that I have with what happened, but otherwise, amazing. Probably going to top my list of favorite sci-fi movies, or close to the top.

I agree. I would like to see it on a regular screen and not the IMax like we did opening weekend.. Both my son and myself thought the colors were washed out on the IMax screen even though it was still freaking great...

For me, this surpasses Dark Knight (which is Nolan's best IMO). I'll need to see it a few more times, but when all is said and done this may crack my top 10.

Last edited:
Saw this tonight. Damn good movie, better than those non-cerebral films where someone loves the US of A and God, then shoots people in their name (American Sniper), or fantasy-action films that stray so far from the founding novel it makes me long for a cheap Rankin-Bass cartoon version (Battle of the Five Armies).

The problem for me, is like with Inception, this film was awesome only the first time you see it. Once you already understand how things are going to happen, it loses something.

But definitely a damn good movie the first time through.

I can agree with that Thumb but I still watch sometimes when i catch inception on TV.. Nolan is just a damn great director.

I do have to admit I get sucked into all sorts of movies and I am easily entertained...I liked the hobbit even if it strayed to far..

Very good movie. Top notch. A little long though. Top tier of the all-time Sci Fi films in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back