Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game of Thrones

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Beast of a show! Love it. Please discuss! lol

I'm reading Clash of Kings I think it's called just a couple of pages in though.

josh200612 said:
I'm reading Clash of Kings I think it's called just a couple of pages in though.

wow so you're still early in the series. The thing I love about the books are that the author isn't affraid to piss you off. I don't know how many times I wanted to stop reading, but I couldn't. The show was great and is the only reason i read the books. can't wait til season 2.

Ya another board I post on got me to watch it so I finished the first season in 2 days. Then it said it was not coming back till next spring I was like WTF? So I went out and bought the book.

josh200612 said:
Ya another board I post on got me to watch it so I finished the first season in 2 days. Then it said it was not coming back till next spring I was like WTF? So I went out and bought the book.

yeah there's 5 so far, but martin said he doesn't have plans to end it anytime soon.

you'll love/hate book 4 and 5. They're good, but book 4 only features some of the characters and book 5 features the other half of the characters. After that, the format goes back to normal.

loved the first season and thinking of starting on the books. They already pissed me off when Ned Stark died....kinda crazy how he builds characters up as "main characters" then just kills them off lol. Should make it entertaining but i dont know how hes goign to get through many seasons if it keeps happening.

I don't know whether to read the books or watch the show first. I've heard that the writers have pretty much followed the book to the wire. Maybe I'll do both at the same time. Either way I need to get on this soon, I've heard nothing but great things.

No, read the books. Theres a lot of cool stuff left out. And there are a bunch of new characters introduced when others die. And theyre good enough to keep it interesting. Trust me, nobody is safe.

I just want to see a dragon eat that effing dildo looking kid Joffrey. Please tell me a dragon eats Joffrey!

mhughes0021 said:
I just want to see a dragon eat that effing dildo looking kid Joffrey. Please tell me a dragon eats Joffrey!

No, but there are some pretty fucking awesome deaths in the 2nd book/season. Nothing as good as the molten gold thing though.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Beast of a show! Love it. Please discuss! lol

something about the title of this show makes me think of that game where a bunch of guys try to take the biggest dump. whoever does gets to be "King of the Throne."

I think there was a south park episode about that

Reading book Number five right now... I loved the HBO series and I am glad they re-upped it next year. I hope the battle sequences gets even more intense...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Reading book Number five right now... I loved the HBO series and I am glad they re-upped it next year. I hope the battle sequences gets even more intense...

HBO just announced that as long as George R. R. Martin is still writing the series, they'll continue the series. Seems they have a lot of faith. The only problem is that he has long delays in releasing books.

Loved this show, I have to get the books. I'm an avid reader and 9 times out of 10 the book blows the movie/tv version away. I just watched the whole season over a weekend and I'm pissed I have to wait so long for the next one. By the way, totally agree about Joffrey, he's a little cunt.

Meditatedkickaboxa said:
mhughes0021 said:

God i hated that little bitch too.

LMAO! I'm sure they will keep him around for a while cause everyone hates him.

You should read them, it is a great series. I just finished the last book. I hope I dont have to wait 5 years or longer for the next.

Didn't know the show was based off a book. I try to give them a read now.

Back