Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game of Thrones

Still what I think of when I hear "Game of Thrones":

Toilets2.JPG

a bunch of toilets.

wasn't expecting that ending last night, especially since snowe was evolving into the de facto hero of the show.

also, who the hell were those people who snatched danerias?

wasn't expecting that ending last night, especially since snowe was evolving into the de facto hero of the show.

Pretty sure they were Dothracki. (No clue on spelling, I watch it, I don't read it.)

I like GOT fine and have missed a lot of the series over the years, but will watch when on.

But damn, Silicon Valley is hilarious! I love it

I like GOT fine and have missed a lot of the series over the years, but will watch when on.

But damn, Silicon Valley is hilarious! I love it

My wife and I watch both but just recently started Silicon Valley. Great show but I expect nothing less from Mike Judge.

He will be back as azor ahai.

My wife and I watch both but just recently started Silicon Valley. Great show but I expect nothing less from Mike Judge.

Agreed. He's great. But I seriously laugh out loud a few times each episode and that only also ever happens watching Jon Stewart or The Week in Review w/John Oliver.

He will be back as azor ahai.

I was thinking this, too, but Kit Harrington has said that he will not be returning to the show. The books make it seem like there could be a chance that he survives, or lives on in some other manner, but I don't know how they could continue his character without Kit Harrington.

As for the rest of the finale, the Arya killing shocked me. The books haven't gotten that far. I think my jaw dropped and didn't close for a few minutes. I'd been looking forward to Cersei's humiliation and I think the show did it perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking this, too, but Kit Harrington has said that he will not be returning to the show. The books make it seem like there could be a chance that he survives, or lives on in some other manner, but I don't know how they could continue his character without Kit Harrington.

As for the rest of the finale, the Arya killing shocked me. The books haven't gotten that far. I think my jaw dropped and didn't close for a few minutes. I'd been looking forward to Cersei's humiliation and I think the show did it perfectly.

Arya just went blind she wasn't killed on the show? Or are you talking about who she killed? Or did I miss something?
I was thinking John would be brought back to life somehow.. Like from the red witch..
But if the actor is not coming back maybe not :/

Last edited:
Oh, i meant who she killed and how she did it. I would think the blindness is temporary.

TV show is so messed up anyways. They are ruining the plot line.

Not including Aegon...like come on now. Messing up Tyrion's plot line and Sansa's. Lady Stoneheart just not included as well.

But, for real if your don't include Aegon. Just stop making the show.

Not including Aegon...like come on now. Messing up Tyrion's plot line and Sansa's. Lady Stoneheart just not included as well.

In the books, isn't it still up for debate if it's actually Aegon? If GRRM told the producers that this Aegon was in fact a fraud, seems like a lot of screen time to devote to an irrelevant dead end.

They made it pretty clear already they were not strictly following the books, mainly because they have a 7 year run planned and need a conclusion that wont happen in the books for another 4-5 years most likely.

Also, I agree with them not including Lady Stoneheart, and Aegon because the cast/character story is already too bloated, which was the reason there was no Bran, Hodor, Rickon, Oosha, etc. in this season. You can only tell so many stories consecutively in a television production, which has to be more linear than a book does.

But, if you disagree you can always just like, not watch it I guess? :shrug:

Link?

All I saw was an article (2 I think) where he confirmed Jon Snow is dead. I never saw him say I'm not on the show anymore. Also this conflicts with contract details that were already leaked with him still receiving top billing/pay for seasons 6 and 7.

They made it pretty clear already they were not strictly following the books, mainly because they have a 7 year run planned and need a conclusion that wont happen in the books for another 4-5 years most likely.

Also, I agree with them not including Lady Stoneheart, and Aegon because the cast/character story is already too bloated, which was the reason there was no Bran, Hodor, Rickon, Oosha, etc. in this season. You can only tell so many stories consecutively in a television production, which has to be more linear than a book does.

But, if you disagree you can always just like, not watch it I guess? :shrug:

Aegon Targaryen is one of the three. Its kind of like if the new Fantastic Four movie just left out the Invisible Woman. Might as well make remake Everybody Loves Ramon, starring everyone but Ramon.

Link?

All I saw was an article (2 I think) where he confirmed Jon Snow is dead. I never saw him say I'm not on the show anymore. Also this conflicts with contract details that were already leaked with him still receiving top billing/pay for seasons 6 and 7.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/gam...-finale-season-five-kit-harington-1201519627/

As for whether or not his character his really dead or if there?s a chance his wounds were not fatal and he returns, Harington said: ?I?ve been told I?m dead. I?m dead. I?m not coming back next season. So that?s all I can tell you, really.?

In the books, isn't it still up for debate if it's actually Aegon? If GRRM told the producers that this Aegon was in fact a fraud, seems like a lot of screen time to devote to an irrelevant dead end.

Yeah, there seemed to be a lot of doubt about his real identity. Not sure if he really has a big role to play or not, but I assume they could easily introduce his character next season. Wouldn't be too hard. I was disappointed that Lady Stoneheart wasn't on the show, but I think bringing the actress back for a minor role would be a waste of money and is a bit unnecessary.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/gam...-finale-season-five-kit-harington-1201519627/

As for whether or not his character his really dead or if there?s a chance his wounds were not fatal and he returns, Harington said: ?I?ve been told I?m dead. I?m dead. I?m not coming back next season. So that?s all I can tell you, really.?

The full quote: Harington added, "Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, 'This is how it is.' If anything in the future is not like that, then I don't know about it ? it's only in David and Dan and George's heads. But I've been told I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm not coming back next season. So that's all I can tell you, really."

He isn't saying he's not coming back, he's saying what they said.

But also this: After lengthy negotiations, the lead cast of HBO?s flagship drama Game Of Thrones have landed major salary increases. Mainstays Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau will all be paid close to $300,000 an episode. I hear the quintet did not negotiate together, with the deals done one by one over the past couple of months, with Harington, Headey and Clarke closing their new contracts first, followed by Dinklage, with Coster-Waldau wrapping the marathon talks. In exchange, the five have agreed to extend their deals to a seventh season.

I think what is being said in that article is one of those half-misquote/half-misunderstandings. I would almost guarantee we have not seen the last of Jon Snow by a long shot.

Back