Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preferred Genre

DR said:
Tame Impala is another new band you guys might enjoy. Maybe more of a late 60's than 70's sound, but it's good. If you can handle tons of reverb, that is.

They'll be playing on the Jimmy Fallon show tonight. Talk shows aren't the best way in the world to listen to a band, but it's worth checking out.

Hey mojolio, have you checked out Shabazz Palaces? Newer hip hop group that might be up your alley.

Yeah, it's pretty out there. Beez, you should check it out. They lyrics are a little buried at times, but there's some interesting stuff.

Make sure you listen to it as loud as possible.

I have their Black Up cd on my IPOD...theyre ok, something a little different which is always welcome. Not something I'd listen to a ton I dont think but I really havent listened to it all that much to be honest. I stumbled on a group called "Hollywood Undead" the other day..have you guys listened to them? I dont know if they're really popular or not. I know they were featured on Madden 2011. They're kinda like P.O.D. but with less meaning and a lot of vulgarity. Not bad to listen to though if you're into that kind of sound. I think the album I have is called "Swan Songs."

Hip Hop all the way. Just got a new car and it's the only thing I bump right now.

Whoever mentioned Hopsin is my man. Raw gets me hyped quicker than any album and gets a lot of play on my iPod because of it. I've heard it's far and away his best output, but is the rest of his stuff worth a look?

If you're looking for something else a little off the radar, give XV a look (he's kind of corny, admittedly, but I like what I've heard).

Can't wait for the new Common album, and am starting to get pumped for Cole's World even...

HailHail said:
Hip Hop all the way. Just got a new car and it's the only thing I bump right now.

Whoever mentioned Hopsin is my man. Raw gets me hyped quicker than any album and gets a lot of play on my iPod because of it. I've heard it's far and away his best output, but is the rest of his stuff worth a look?

If you're looking for something else a little off the radar, give XV a look (he's kind of corny, admittedly, but I like what I've heard).

Can't wait for the new Common album, and am starting to get pumped for Cole's World even...

Hopsins ok, I think he's overrated though. Seems like the "White Crowd" hypes him up beyond belief. He's not doing himself any favors by dissing Drake, Tyler the Creator, Lupe and Wayne. I',m not a fan of Wayne but they will all eat him up lyrically.

His diss tracks aren't the reason I listen to him, but he gets props from me for going in on Wayne and Tyler....

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]70's bubba's.

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Aerosmith
Pink Floyd
Alice Cooper
Bad Company
ETC.

Yep - don't seem to fit in too well with the Rap and Hip Hop fans.

This one is my favorite genre too. I love the pop stuff the most:

Styx (#1 favorite - I have every vinyl they ever did)
Boston (theirs too)
REO
Journey
Kansas
Billy Joel
Bob Seger
Pat Benatar
Chicago
Led Zeppelin
ARS
ELO
.38 Special
BTO
Rush
Jethro Tull
Kiss (master of the 4 chord song :*) )
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Deep Purple
Rainbow
Santana
Rolling Stones
How could I forget the Beatles?
Van Halen
Jimi Hendrix
Janis Joplin
Doors
The Who
Ohio Players (mostly R & B but had some hits)

Some of the Easy Listening stuff I liked:
Off Broadway (lesser known group out of Chicago)
England Dan and John Ford Coley
Neil Diamond
Simon and Garfunkel
Carpenters
Elton John

I know I am missing some, but this is already much longer than I expected it to be. Sorry. I just got going and couldn't stop.

Beez said:
HailHail said:

Hopsins ok, I think he's overrated though. Seems like the "White Crowd" hypes him up beyond belief. He's not doing himself any favors by dissing Drake, Tyler the Creator, Lupe and Wayne. I',m not a fan of Wayne but they will all eat him up lyrically.

Yeah I would definitely like him a bit more if he didn't diss every rapper in sight. and honestly i dont even know why he dissed tyler. they basically make the same style except hopsin has generic hooks.

also, it's so obvious he's trying to be "the next eminem." too bad we've already seen it before and there's no more shock value.

Back