Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

These Final Hours

turok

This movie is a Down Under indie interpretation of an asteroid strike in the North Atlantic...whose Apocalyptic waves of utter devastation spread across the planet, giving them only 12 hours to kiss their Aussies goodbye.

Not recommended for children, although one of the two main characters is a young girl. As one would expect in an impending doom flick, the people in it aren't exactly gonna be on their best behavior, athough IRL it would most likely have been much worse than the brief scenes of sex, drug use, alcohol, partial nudity, and gun/knife violence.

This is not your typical disaster movie, with lots of CGI, and huge crowds of insane people flipping out throughout. It instead focuses primarily on the two main characters who dependently interact with each other, and ~a half-dozen others.

Really well done on a non-Hollywood major film studio budget, IMO.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jozEpGIrzeU

Last edited:
Looks good and it was was very good..Thanks T. I really like movies like this...

Last edited:
Looks good and it was was very good..Thanks T. I really like movies like this...

You're welcome.

After re-watching this flick, during the time that James visited his mom, she alluded to most of her neighbors having fled the coast for their continent's "Out Back" or bush of Australia's arid and desert interior to supposedly avoid or delay the inevitable and rapidly approaching global catastrophe.

Since an Earthbound asteroid could have been tracked by telescope and its impending strike been forewarned to the public, most conceivably should have had enough time to pack up and flee, which would legitimately explain the curious lack of crazed traffic and super-agitated crowds of people throughout the movie.

Last edited:
It was really well done for a small budget flick.. The young girl was a fantastic little actor and I would not be surprised if we do not see her again.. I think she is in another movie with Ryan Gosling coming up...

Back