Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Radiohead

Creep's an awesome song. The rest of the album, eh. A few songs I like, but overall doesn't do much for me. I think the main thing they didn't like was how the song pigeon holed them, and lumped them in with the early 90's alternative radio sound that they didn't feel they had much in common with. Seems like they've softened their stance on in it as time has gone on, they'll bust it out at the random show.

They're going to be playing SNL on 9/24 with Alec Baldwin as the host. Should be a hell of a show.

....announced two shows in NYC next Wednesday and Thursday....if I can get tickets I'm going to one.

Should be kind of cool.

DR said:
....announced two shows in NYC next Wednesday and Thursday....if I can get tickets I'm going to one.

Should be kind of cool.

that looks like pretty good venue. a lot smaller than they could otherwise fill.

the reader said he's done w/atoms for peace for now, and radiohead's embarking on a full tour in 2012.

if I can get tickets before the scalpers here get their slimy hands all over them, I'd go see them. never have before.

I got tickets through the presale!!!!!! These are my 50 yard line, ND tickets. Sucks I didn't make it to that, but this totally makes up for it.

Yeah, it's gonna be sweet seeing them at Roseland. I've never seen them at a venue under 20K.

Done with Atoms for Peace because they're done recording? Because there is a new AFP album that he and Nigel Godrich are supposedly finishing up and hopefully releasing later this year. Hadn't heard one way or another about a tour for them, but did hear about the 2012 Radiohead tour. I'll be going to that one too for sure. When it gets closer remind me and I'll give you the heads up on the presale. I've gotten lucky with it 3 times now.

IMO, Radiohead, REM, U2, and Metallica are the most important bands of the last quarter century.

Yep, the Radiohead extravaganza week officially begins tonight!

Now that was awesome...

Check out the replay of the Colbert Report if you missed it.

Ended up on the rail, in front of Jonny Greenwood. Insanity

They were playing "Myxomatosis" in the background of a skit on Mike & Mike this morning. That was unexpected.

is radiohead going to tour next year?

any substance to the rumors they are going to change their name to radioshoulder?

is radiohead going to tour next year?

any substance to the rumors they are going to change their name to radioshoulder?

I'd be very very surprised. definitely not anything extensive. The atoms for peace album is finally coming out this February. I'm assuming or hoping yorke and company will tour this spring, but probably no Radiohead activity until 2014 at the earliest. they generally take a couple years off in between album cycles.

Radioballz?

Last edited:
yeah:
Yorke says that an Atoms for Peace tour is in the works for some point in 2013. "I'm still reeling from being on tour for much of the year," he writes. "But we are planning to get together and play next year! We're figuring all that out right now. Atoms is an ongoing and open-ended projected, where it leads I know not for certain . . . which is what is nice about it."link.

ok. i just need to get tickets before the scalpers buy them all and re-sell them on stubhub at some insane amount/pop.

I'll give you a heads up on the presale. That's by far your best bet. I'm just afraid Chicago will be the closest show to me...not sure I'd be able to swing that, especially if it's a late spring date.

yeah:
Yorke says that an Atoms for Peace tour is in the works for some point in 2013. "I'm still reeling from being on tour for much of the year," he writes. "But we are planning to get together and play next year! We're figuring all that out right now. Atoms is an ongoing and open-ended projected, where it leads I know not for certain . . . which is what is nice about it."link.

ok. i just need to get tickets before the scalpers buy them all and re-sell them on stubhub at some insane amount/pop.

Know anything about the UIC pavilion? AFP will be playing there on 10/2. If you're thinking about going you'll want to make an account here and be ready to go on Thursday. They don't announce the time, but they usually go up around 10est. Even if you don't end up going I'm sure you could make some cash reselling them...

http://tickets.waste.uk.com/Store/DisplayItems.html

--Just checked ticketmaster, and this is a ticketless show. To get your tickets you have to show up at the venue and provide your credit card and ID. So you could still scalp them, by arranging with the buyer to meet you there, but it would be a bit of a pain in the ass. Not to mention uncomfortable if you just jacked the buyer for a couple hundred a ticket.

Last edited:
Know anything about the UIC pavilion? AFP will be playing there on 10/2. If you're thinking about going you'll want to make an account here and be ready to go on Thursday. They don't announce the time, but they usually go up around 10est. Even if you don't end up going I'm sure you could make some cash reselling them...

http://tickets.waste.uk.com/Store/DisplayItems.html

--Just checked ticketmaster, and this is a ticketless show. To get your tickets you have to show up at the venue and provide your credit card and ID. So you could still scalp them, by arranging with the buyer to meet you there, but it would be a bit of a pain in the ass. Not to mention uncomfortable if you just jacked the buyer for a couple hundred a ticket.

ok. definitely will be in.

UIC Pavilion is okay. I saw Beck there a couple years ago. Damn, that was like 6 years ago.

It's not a great place to see a show (not like an orchestra hall, or one of the punk rock clubs) but it's not terrible like some of the noisier venues in town. it's perfectly average. I'm saying, it's not a reason in itself to avoid an act you want to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back