Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 143 Tigers vs indians Monday Sept 11, 2017

turok

Tigers:

1) Kinsler, Ian 2B

2) Presley, Alex DH?

3) Cabrera, Miguel 1B

4) Castellanos, Nicholas RF

5) Candelario, Jeimer 3B

6) McCann, James C

7) Collins, Tyler LF

8) Jones, JaCoby CF

9) Machado, Dixon SS

SP Jaye, Myles (Sac Lamb)

apparently Mahtook's groin is still an issue.

racist logos:

1) limpboor, frisky ss

2) chiseler, loony lf

3) rammyhead, hose 2b

4) tarnation, whutin? duh

5) spruce, ghey rf

6) ohyay, comova 1b

7) deyahs, yawny 3b

8) gomer, yah c

9) allin, grog cf

sp crisco, carmel

tribbles have won 18 straight...don't see their streak ending anytime soon.

Last edited:
Tigers' 1st...Kinsler FO to RF, Presley Ks swinging, Miggy works the count full, and earns a BB. Nick C hits a ground-rule double...2nd and 3rd RiSP. Candy pops out to short....meh.

tribbler 1st...limpboor Ks swinging, chisler grounds to first, rammyrazz HBP, tarnation singles, 1st and 2nd, spruce lines to RF.

0-0 after 1 full.

Last edited:
Tigers' 2nd...McCann singles to left, Collins Ks swinging, Jones Ks swinging, Machado Ks swinging...ugh.

damn...I didn't realize that the Indians had won 18 straight. With the Tigers in town 21 should be pretty easy

Tribbles 2nd...annnnd the flood gates open.

4-0 on a leadoff walk, 3 consecutive singles, a bases-clearing rbi triple, sacfly makes it 5-0, now with 2 outs...and a grounder to short..the inning finally-mercifully ends.

Last edited:
Amy chance the tigers can prevent Cleveland from setting new consecutive win streak in this series?

I won't hold my breath

I said couple years ago the lions would slowly get better while the tigers now slowly get worse and the lions will now be better than the tigers for a batch of years. I think that is now off official

Tigers 3rd...Kinsler singles, Presley grounds to second, Miggy foul-tip K, Nick C pops to second.

tribbles 3rd....groundout, safe on first, error by Kinsler, groundout, lineout.

5-0 after 3

My ancient Vista laptop is incapable of freeing up enough memory and CPU cycles to run a browser for more than 15 mins at a time, until it begins to freeze-up, and forces me clear the cache and restart. So fuckit, I'm done posting the play by play tonight.

That's alright there isn't any play by play worth posting

Run a malware scan ya prolly got a bunch of garbage on your pewter boggin ya down

eh...have 3 other laptops that were given to me, that are just as old and slow, even with Win 7 on them. None have any malware, they are just low-end crap. Not gonna open any up, to see if I can jam another 1 gig stick in. Not worth spending any money on.

Last edited:
I'd love to see viewership numbers post all star break. I could not tell you the last time I even watched 5 minutes of a game. Maybe at Minnesota in late July?

eh...have 3 other laptops that were given to me, that are just as old and slow, even with Win 7 on them. None have any malware, they are just low-end crap. Not gonna open any up, to see if I can jam another 1 gig stick in. Not worth spending any money on.

Most of the time, slow computers are a result of a cluttered registry. Between cleaning up the registry and running a disk cleanup, generally does wonders. And 1 GB if RAM only masks the problem.

Last edited:
Most of the time, slow computers are a result of a cluttered registry. Between cleaning up the registry and running a disk cleanup, generally does wonders. And 1 GB if RAM only masks the problem.

Tried lots of things, deleted old software, cleaned the OS tempfiles with Bleachbit, CCleaner, System Ninja, ect...defragmented and optimized, doubled the size of virtual memory, cleaned, defragmented the registry...all of the stuff I can find online for free. I should just use Linux, but most distros native color schemes can't be changed from black text on white, to white on black, which is far easier on my old eyes.

Tigers lose 11-zip...no need to post the pathetic particulars to this blowout. It is very sad, I must post, as a 50 year fan of the Tigers, to see yet another season swirl down the toilet, with still an outside chance of finishing dead last in the ALCD. If they continue to pile up losses, last in all of MLB also is a possible outcome.

This "was" a proud franchise for most of its 116 year existence. But ala the Lions, too much neglect and incompetence from the owners on down,has resulted in loong streaks of futility and losing seasons. The die-hard fans of both still deserve and had deserved many more winning teams, playoffs, postseasons, and championships,

For shame...for shame.

Tigers lose 11-zip...no need to post the pathetic particulars to this blowout. It is very sad, I must post, as a 50 year fan of the Tigers, to see yet another season swirl down the toilet, with still an outside chance of finishing dead last in the ALCD. If they continue to pile up losses, last in all of MLB also is a possible outcome.

This "was" a proud franchise for most of its 116 year existence. But ala the Lions, too much neglect and incompetence from the owners on down,has resulted in loong streaks of futility and losing seasons. The die-hard fans of both still deserve and had deserved many more winning teams, playoffs, postseasons, and championships,

For shame...for shame.

+1.........very sad.

ROARS:
Joe Jimenez: Not only was Jimenez the only Tigers pitcher to not allow a run, but Jimenez?s fastball velocity returned. He reached 96 miles per hour on the radar gun multiple times, a welcome sight after some lackluster outings recently.

Jeimer Candelario: Candelario had two more hits, giving him 13 in 39 plate appearances since joining the Tigers.

Alex Presley: The Tigers? designated hitter did his job with two hits on the night.

HISSES:
The rest of the pitching: It was bad.

The rest of the offense: Also bad.

The Tigers? defense: They did Jaye no favors, committing a pair of errors while he was in the game.

STATS AND INFO:
The Indians will tie the AL record for most consecutive wins if they can beat the Tigers on Tuesday. Corey Kluber will take the mound against Matt Boyd.

2017 DET Offense

1st in AL against LHP

13th in AL against RHP and last in HRs

Back