Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 145 Tigers vs indians Wednesday, Sept 13, 2917

My favorite Tiger is back in action

giphy.gif

Over the past 2 seasons he has mostly been in AAA...when he was 22 & 23 years old. His AAA numbers are his most recent and his best. .292 BA, .373 OBP and .880 OPS. He may not be a .300+ hitter but I think he will be better than .260

As he matures, I could see .280 / .350 / .850

The best players seldom make it past AA. AAA is mostly fodder..

Last edited:
The best players are in AA. AAA is mostly fodder..

the best prospects are usually proven in AA but that doesn't mean they are the best players yet. AAA usually consists of more experienced players that would be ready to fill in for the ML team if needed.

Just looking at the minor league numbers he doesn't seem like 300+ hitter. .260 maybe..

Didn't post that Candy would hit .300+ but that he could...otherwise an IFer prospect who was ranked #3 in the Cubs' system would have been ranked much lower, had his ceiling been only .260. But since he is now with the Tigers, then subtracting 15-20 points from his potential would be more appropriate.

17 more shit shows to go, anyone still thinks they can win 3 more games to avoid a 100 loss season? maybe 2 against the suxs and 1 against OAK?

He has to be the biggest disappointment on the team.

Sometimes superstars' hitting talent hits a steeper and quicker decline than expected..Miggy has had maritial issues and drinking problems in the not too distant past, his nation and team has been in upheaval-turmoil as well. He is only human, after all.

Last edited:
In the annals of disappointing seasons: my top five are 1987, 2003, 2013, 2009 and 2017.

In the annals of disappointing seasons: my top five are 1987, 2003, 2013, 2009 and 2017.

More than 5 disappointing seasons;
1961, 1967, 1972, (1980, finished back of redsox?), 1987, 2009, 2013, and this year because of all the shit moves and lying to media and fans what they are doing.

Good for the tribe. It's an incredible feat that a team can have more consecutive wins than they do in total fans but they have found a way, congrats.

Was 2003 really disappointing though? That team was atrocious but everyone knew that going in. I'd argue 2008 is much more disappointing, people were predicting that team to win the title and they opened like 0-8 and finished dead last.

The Detroit Tigers had three chances this week, but couldn't stop the Cleveland Indians on their march toward history.

The lead lasted half an inning, five batters to be exact. After Jeimer Candelario gave the Tigers a lead in the top of the first inning of Wednesday afternoon’s matinee,

It was the first time the Tigers led the Indians in any of their seven meetings this month and it was gone, just like that.

Jay Bruce almost immediately took it right back. His three-run, off-the-yellow-line home run put the Indians ahead for good

The Indians beat the Tigers 5-3 on Wednesday at Progressive Field to win their 21st consecutive game, a new American League record and the longest in the post-expansion era.
To put it in a different light, the Tigers have won 21 games total since the All-Star break. The Indians have won 21 straight since Aug. 23, beating the Tigers seven straight times within the streak.

Cleveland surpassed the 20-game mark set by the Oakland Athletics in 2002. They tied the 1935 Chicago Cubs for the longest mark in the last 100 years. (The 1916 New York Giants won 26 in a row, but they played to a tie in the midst of their streak).

Farmer battled an inconsistent strike zone from home plate umpire Quinn Wolcott throughout his four innings and so, too, did Tigers hitters. The frustration finally boiled over in the bottom of the third inning, half an inning after Candelario was called out on strikes with two runners on, which drew the ire of the Tigers dugout.

After a full count pitch to Bruce was deemed outside, catcher James McCann argued with Wolcott and was ejected. Shortly thereafter, manager Brad Ausmus was as well. It was McCann’s first career ejection and Ausmus’ 16th. He has six this season.
Tigers manager Brad Ausmus and starting catcher James McCann weren't around to see the final innings. Both were ejected in the third after arguing balls and strikes with horse shit home plate umpire Quinn Wolcott.

Notable
Presley is one of the Tigers' hottest hitters. He has at least one hit in 13 of the last 14 games and is 20-for-55 (.364) over that span.

Cabrera would snap an 0-for-13 skid with a lead-off single in the eighth inning.

The Tigers picked up two unearned runs to knock Indians starter Mike Clevinger out of the game in the sixth.

They were the first unearned runs allowed by the Indians since Aug. 17, a 26-game stretch.

Tigers left-hander Daniel Norris had retired all seven batters he faced when Indians catcher Roberto Perez launched a mammoth homer to deep center on an 0-2 pitch in the seventh inning to give Cleveland an insurance run.

There was a brief delay at exactly 2 p.m. when the sprinklers in left field started spraying.

Whoever set the automatic timer apparently forgot it was an afternoon game. After about 60 seconds of dampening the warning track, the water was shut off.

Nick Castellanos extended his hit streak to 10 games, and his RBI double in the sixth got the Tigers within striking distance.

At 60-85, the Tigers now hold the fourth worst record in baseball, and are closing on the third overall pick, as the current third worst team, the Chicago White Sox, won over the Kansas City Royals, leaving them just two games behind the Tigers.

Last edited:
More than 5 disappointing seasons;
1961, 1967, 1972, (1980, finished back of redsox?), 1987, 2009, 2013, and this year because of all the shit moves and lying to media and fans what they are doing.

1961 I don't recall. And the team won 101 games. 1967 I recall vividly. The pennant race overshadowed the last-day loss to the Angels. 1972 was a complete overachievement. I consider none of those seasons a disappointment. 1973 gets honorable mention because the Tigers were in the race and in 1st in the middle of August and finished 12 games out. Losing a 5-game series in New York in June did not help, but they recovered from that.

Was 2003 really disappointing though? That team was atrocious but everyone knew that going in. I'd argue 2008 is much more disappointing, people were predicting that team to win the title and they opened like 0-8 and finished dead last.

When you have to win your last 6 to avoid 120 losses, that's extremely disappointing to me. 2008 ... I just came to the conclusion they were overrated.

Back