Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 158 Tigers @ royals Wednesday Sept 27 2017 8:10 pm EST

turok

Tigers:

1) Kinsler, Ian 2B

2) Presley, Alex LF

3) Castellanos, Nicholas RF

4) Candelario. Jeimer 3B

5) McCann, James C

6) Navarro, Efren 1B

7) Machado, Dixon DH

8) Romine, Andrew CF

9) Iglesias, Jose SS

SP Zimmerbum, Jordan

1) merrygoround, whirl 2b

2) scabrara silky rf

3) hoser, erect duh

4) moustache, rides 3b

5) floss, brushin 1b

6) tittybar acidy sos

7) gorgon helix lf

8) bolero, rollo cf

9) butane, chew c

sp hormel, bacon

Last edited:
SF gnats were leading the AZ dbacks 3-1 going into the bottom 9th this afternoon, when their closer dyson blew the save, walking in the winning run. So they fall to 62-97 with 3 games remaining. Should the Tigers also lose tonight, they would remain 0.5 behind for the worst record in MLB, @ 62-96, with 4 games remaining.

SF gnats were leading the AZ dbacks 3-1 going into the bottom 9th this afternoon, when their closer dyson blew the save, walking in the winning run. So they fall to 62-97 with 3 games remaining. Should the Tigers also lose tonight, they would remain 0.5 behind for the worst record in MLB, @ 62-96, with 4 games remaining.

On a side note JD hit a solo HR in the inning, 16th of September tying him with Ralph Kiner.. One more he gets the NL record and ties AL all time.. Check out these numbers since the trade .306/.372/.761 with 29 home runs, 65 RBI, and 47 runs scored in 247 plate appearances across 59 games. And we couldn't get anything for him? Don't tell me it wasn't a good hitters market.

Candy rbi single, McCann rbi double 3-0.

I just can't believe the freaking Twins are going to make the darn playoffs. Never would have thought that before the season.

Dozed off and missed the royals scoring, 3-2 now with 4 full.

9th straight loss, 62-96, still on pace for 100 losses, with 4 games remaining.

Last edited:
Trying to imagine starting the '18 season with a Tigers team like the one that we are seeing this September, if not even worse...(((shudder)))

Just wanted to stop in and say you guys are awesome. Sold my remaining tickets and haven't looked back. Your resolve is much stronger!

Trying to imagine starting the '18 season with a Tigers team like the one that we are seeing this September, if not even worse...(((shudder)))

Icing would be naming Gene Lamont the manager. :hitter:

On a side note JD hit a solo HR in the inning, 16th of September tying him with Ralph Kiner.. One more he gets the NL record and ties AL all time.. Check out these numbers since the trade .306/.372/.761 with 29 home runs, 65 RBI, and 47 runs scored in 247 plate appearances across 59 games. And we couldn't get anything for him? Don't tell me it wasn't a good hitters market.

You realize that you don't get value for what they do for their new team, right? I mean should we have to give back prospects to the Cubs because Wilson has sucked?

You realize that you don't get value for what they do for their new team, right? I mean should we have to give back prospects to the Cubs because Wilson has sucked?

No but JD was a great hitter before the trade.. Ever since we got him 3 years earlier..

First you can't get much for JV or JUP because of money and then you can't get much for a soon to be FA apparently in JD. So where do the money prospects come from? Apparently you need to be good, young and cheap.. It makes no sense.

No but JD was a great hitter before the trade.. Ever since we got him 3 years earlier..

First you can't get much for JV or JUP because of money and then you can't get much for a soon to be FA apparently in JD. So where do the money prospects come from? Apparently you need to be good, young and cheap.. It makes no sense.

The mistake was not trading him in the previous off season. There just didn't end up being enough teams looking for a rental OF bat at the deadline to drive his value up. We had to take the best deal on the table and that's what they did.

Should we have held on to him and got nothing?

Back