Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions' Teryl Austin DC a candidate for Arizona State coaching job

I think it's more key if both his coordinators leave. Caldwell doesnt have this amazing coaching tree he can go pick from to get new coordinators. Lombardi and cooter were both qb coaches without their own playbook. 1 was a huge mistake...1 doesn't understand nfl run game fundamentals.

If both coordinators leave... you absolutely are justified in canning him so you can get coordinators that are worth a shit.

Who's hiring those coordinators though. Caldwell. I just hate the extension because they get to the playoffs now and again.

I like TA. But I want an entirely new system, top to bottom. This organization needs fresh ideas and blood all throughout.

Alan Williams or Bill Sheridan will be promoted to DC if Austin leaves

"You don't give up a good coach like Caldwell."

Hah. Haha. Hahaha.

He's probably the worst in-game coordinator in the league. If/when the Lions let him go, no one will be knocking at his door.

"You don't give up a good coach like Caldwell."

Hah. Haha. Hahaha.

He's probably the worst in-game coordinator in the league. If/when the Lions let him go, no one will be knocking at his door.

IIRC the Ravens weren?t even sure if they wanted him back as OC because the offense sucked so much, but the Lions made it easy for them and hired him as HC. I doubt he gets another NFL HC job after Detroit, will probably be an OC at best or transition back to college.

IIRC the Ravens weren?t even sure if they wanted him back as OC because the offense sucked so much, but the Lions made it easy for them and hired him as HC. I doubt he gets another NFL HC job after Detroit, will probably be an OC at best or transition back to college.

No one ever leaves here and gets a head coaching gig.

Back