Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs. Detroit Mercy, 12/16/17

tinselwolverine

As a salute hungry, I copy/paste the end of his last post from the previous game thread, which was at the time, the last post of the thread itself:

Saturday 12/16/17 at Noon EST on ESPNu

They are playing UDM at Little Ceasar's Arena and Michigan is a big favorite.

Moe is favoring a sprained ankle, but Michigan might not need him

Go blue!

GO BLUE!!!

Poor start shooting again for mchigan . Missing wide open shots .

Sure would be nice to hit some long shots to start a game .

You remember the days when Johnny Orr coach of Michigan would face off against Dick Vitale of U of D, right?

Just as I started posting this, it was mentioned on TV.

Man...talk about back in the day a days day ago...

Man everything is a clank so far.. nice play use your height !!

You remember the days when Johnny Orr coach of Michigan would face off against Dick Vitale of U of D, right?

Yes. I was not happy when Detroit and Michigan were in the same bracket .

A ways day back, I think I was junior at Ann Arbor Pioneer, Johnny Orr's daughter Becky was my gal buddy.

There was no romance; we would just laugh at shit together in class, and get in trouble for it and shit.

So anyway, there were these two twins, Floyd and Lloyd Rowry, who were a year younger than we were - one of them was Becky's boyfriend; I forget which.

Anyway, both of them were classmates with John Harbaugh, and had played with John a few years earlier on the Junior Packers of the Ann Arbor Junior Football League, along with John's little brother Jim, who had become good friends with both of them.

Me myself, I played on the Junior Rams, and we practiced over at Forsythe Jr. High. One of my team mates was my elementary school buddy David "Day Day" Elliott, whose older brother Bob was recruited by pretty much every school in the country for basketball, and ended up going out to Arizona, I think he became an All American and played a few seasons in the NBA for the New York or New Jersey Nets.

The other Junior league team in town, the Junior Wolverines, featured Keith Bostic from our class, who was an All American DB for Michigan and a one time Pro-Bowler for the Houston Oilers.

Damm it . Seriously we should be up 20 and not 12.

Last edited:
Back