Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Immortals?

zoombabyzoom

Anyone going to watch this at the theatres. I feel as if I have to after watching the previews.

Took my son and his friend and we all liked it... I know we have seen this type of thing before in the 300 but hey i am a sucker for swords and bows... I thought it was pretty decent. I liked the story.
I thought Mickey Rourke playing King Hyperion was pretty good... Man he is a very bad Character ...

I will rent it, but wont spend $9-13 to see it in the theater.

Too many poor movies along this line have been pushed out since 300.

Conan, Clash of the Titans, now this, which look soso even from the trailers, which is usually the best parts of a movie stuffed into a 30 second ad.

If they want to make one of these movies good, let Ridley Scott do it, Gladiator was fantastic.

Other similar movies were big letdowns, like Troy, and Alexander.

MI_Thumb said:
I will rent it, but wont spend $9-13 to see it in the theater.

Too many poor movies along this line have been pushed out since 300.

Conan, Clash of the Titans, now this, which look soso even from the trailers, which is usually the best parts of a movie stuffed into a 30 second ad.

If they want to make one of these movies good, let Ridley Scott do it, Gladiator was fantastic.

Other similar movies were big letdowns, like Troy, and Alexander.

Yeah I was pissed that most of the theaters were 3D.. In fact they had only one time for regular 2D.. Funny you mentioned Conan, and Clash of the Titans... I did see Clash and although I was entertained a tad it was not that great... I did not see Conan and will probably rent it some day because I was a Robert E. Howard fan growing up.
But as we were driving home the two boy's and I were talking about the movie and my son did mention Clash of the Titans and he did say that at least Immortals was better then Clash.. Yeah Gladiator was great but like you siad Troy and Alexander both sucked. Ironclad from earlier this year was decent.. Kingdom of heave was ok... But heck I almost and always entertained by something even in a bad movie.

Even if the Immortal battle scenes are like from the movie the 300 at least the immortal's had 'Gods', and men in the movie and I thought it was fun to see the difference. There is on scene from earlier in the movie that a lot of guys will be talking about. Not to important to the movie but it made us all gulp a bit

Critics are bashing it = me loving the movie. Usually how it works, I want some plotline and a lot of action with actors I know from other action movies. I don't really care about acting in an action movie.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Critics are bashing it = me loving the movie. Usually how it works, I want some plotline and a lot of action with actors I know from other action movies. I don't really care about acting in an action movie.

My son and his friend, and I were entertained and that is all that counts.. I feel the same as you do..

Back