Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Festival thread

They didn't show it... Not a big enough act I guess. A sbd will surface somewhere next week I hope.

What was on in his place? Hope he makes the rounds this summer, not exactly my wife's style, but I think we'll have a good time.

What was on in his place? Hope he makes the rounds this summer, not exactly my wife's style, but I think we'll have a good time.

Steve Aoki is on right now. There's like 6 different stages. Idk where you live but the closest show to Michigan this summer is Louisville...

Steve Aoki is on right now. There's like 6 different stages. Idk where you live but the closest show to Michigan this summer is Louisville...

I'm right on the MI/OH border, so that would be a hike, but that doesn't look like too bad of a lineup. Never heard of that festival before.

He supposedly just finished up his new album, right? Pretty sure I heard that. I'd assume he'll do a club tour, though that might not happen until the fall.

I'm right on the MI/OH border, so that would be a hike, but that doesn't look like too bad of a lineup. Never heard of that festival before.

He supposedly just finished up his new album, right? Pretty sure I heard that. I'd assume he'll do a club tour, though that might not happen until the fall.

He's never really toured away from the west coast other than western Europe before.. I didn't even know he made a new album. Whats the name of that festival in Louisville?

Boy that's not a bad lineup for a festival I've never heard of... It depends on what people think a headliner is supposed to be. I don't consider My morning Jacket, Bassnectar and Wilco worthy but there are plenty of people that would.. I've seen Assnectar before and it requires a lot of Molly. lol. Girl talk isn't really my jam but was fun none the less and hot girls love Bassnectar and Girltalk. People like Atmosphere as well. Galactic is fun, I've seen them twice.

Flying Lotus, Bonobo, Dr. Dog, Beats Antique, Washed Out and Daedelus would all be really fun for the right price.

Btw.. Why the fuck is Clutch there?? Such an odd act compared to the rest of the bands / djs.

Last edited:
I know Flying Lotus has did the electronic festival in Detroit last year, and I'm pretty sure he played at a club the year before. That was just when I learned of him and I'm pissed I didn't go. But yeah, he tweeted that he finished up with the album a couple weeks ago.

I'm not a big MMJ fan, but I'd watch them. Go through stretches of really liking Wilco, but haven't loved anything they've done for a while. Saw Girl Talk at Bonnaroo in 09, that was good for what it is I guess. All my molly connects are dried up, so I guess I wouldn't care for the Ass either!

Yeah, maybe it's a location thing for Clutch? I know they're from somewhere down south, was thinking Atlanta, but maybe they're closer. Definitely doesn't fit.

Party at MichChamp's!

There's not a ton I'm interested in, but Flying Lotus was just added to the Pitchfork festival. If they put GYBE, Olivia Tremor Control, and Flylo all on Saturday I'm there (3-day passes are sold out, $45 per day).

http://pitchfork.com/news/45710-dir...own-iceage-added-to-pitchfork-music-festival/

I've only heard one of those bands (Vampire Weekend), and I don't like them enough to stand stand outside in sweaty July heat all day to hear them.

Plus, I hate festivals.

Plus, I don't like Pitchfork, the magazine, because I read their list of the 200 greatest songs from the 60's and was irritated by their selections in general, and that they didn't include a single one from the Doors. They're a bunch of poseurs.

I'll be spending that weekend relaxing in the A/C, sipping bourbon on the rocks with a splash of orangina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back