Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Upcoming Concerts / Concert Reviews

deathroh

Figured I'd start a thread where we could share concerts we're going to, and then give a review, or just to give a heads up about shows that others might be interested in.

I'm going to the Bright Eyes/Mountain Goats show next Thursday at the Majestic Theater.

My wife is a HUGE fan of both groups so this was a no brainer. I like a handful of songs from each group, but I'm much more looking forward to the private after show party we'll be having where I receive my thanks for getting the tickets!

They're indie bands. Strummy guitars for the most part, highly literate lyrics - especially with the Mountain Goats. Think of it as Singer/Songwriter music with a slight alternative edge.

Incubus - August 24th - DTE Energy Music Theatre

I will be going with a couple buddies, my bro, my cuz, and some of their friends. Always a good time. I went to their show two years ago, four years ago, and six years ago. Each one amazing and unique in its own way. I've been a huge fan of Incubus ever since I was in middle school and S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was just hitting stores. I'm really looking forward to this show considering their new album just came out in July. We usually pull into the lot 4 hours before the show, tailgate it up, and then kick back on the lawn and float down a river.

MichiganMicros313 said:
Incubus - August 24th - DTE Energy Music Theatre

I will be going with a couple buddies, my bro, my cuz, and some of their friends. Always a good time. I went to their show two years ago, four years ago, and six years ago. Each one amazing and unique in its own way. I've been a huge fan of Incubus ever since I was in middle school and S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was just hitting stores. I'm really looking forward to this show considering their new album just came out in July. We usually pull into the lot 4 hours before the show, tailgate it up, and then kick back on the lawn and float down a river.

I like Incubus... one of my buddies is headed to that one.

Never heard of Incubus. Are they anything like Lynyrd Skynyrd or Pink Floyd?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Never heard of Incubus. Are they anything like Lynyrd Skynyrd or Pink Floyd?

Are you being sarcastic or is this real?

Well I have never heard of them. I guess that was my way of saying I'm still stuck in the 70's with regards to music.

Incubus is nothing like Skynyrd but some of their songs are Pink Floyd esque.

One reason I like Incubus is because they aren't like these fake ass bands of now a days. They are actually talented and can write music. Not to mention their concerts are studio quality.

MichiganMicros313 said:
Incubus is nothing like Skynyrd but some of their songs are Pink Floyd esque.

One reason I like Incubus is because they aren't like these fake ass bands of now a days. They are actually talented and can write music. Not to mention their concerts are studio quality.

I'll have to check them out then.

I'll be seeing Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks on 9/20. Pretty pumped about that, I saw them once before back in 2003, but they were just opening at the time. Sounded great live, he's actually a damn good guitar player.

Incubus was good when they had the funk. That's all I really like from them. Check this out.
[flash=350,287:f3vsothn]http://www.youtube.com/v/3KS4TeOnP18&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:f3vsothn]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

[flash=350,287:f3vsothn]http://www.youtube.com/v/akTOHEvJi3Q&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:f3vsothn]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

I'm going to see Empire of the Sun tonight.

not a huge fan of some of that pop-electronica stuff, but I heard they put on a solid show

my friend asked me to go. she told me to listen to their stuff before I judge... she's into bands like "Cut Copy" and "The Postal Service" which I don't really like. In fact, I hate.

these guys sounded okay, so I said I'd go. plus the show is not far from where I live. "walking on a dream" is their biggest hit.

their stage shows look pretty elaborate; they're not a well known act, but I think they have record company money backing their tours.

Just listened to a snippet of that song. I would need drugs. Lots

Buuuuuut, you really can't judge a band until you've seen them live. I'm sure you'll have more fun tonight than me sitting on my ass!

Back