Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Breaking Bad (Final Season)

Diggler Cometh

I figured it deserved its own thread.. Can't wait to see how it all ends.

Hank is gone. It's Walter gone as we knew him?

Damn I can't wait to see how it ends, but I don't want it to end either.

DC 33

I just finished watching the final episode.

I never even saw the first until the series was over, and I have to say....meh.

The last season was by far the best, but I found the whole series really overrated in terms of how people exclaim it's the greatest show ever.

I have never seen a show with a more unlikeable bunch of people as the cast. The only guy I actually liked was Mike, everyone else, especially Skyler and her purple-obsessed sister I was hoping dies in a meth lab explosion from about episode 5 on. Not to mention Jesse was the biggest vagina on the whole show.

We just finished this. started watching the whole series from episode one a couple months ago.

fucking great television - and I'm not a person who says that very often.

the acting and writing was superb.

Glad they went out on a happy note (as happy as could be, given the circumstances), and didn't end with a lot of ambiguity. I think the series writers/creators felt like after the ride they put the audience through, we deserved some closure.

I'm almost glad all TV isn't this good. I'd never get anything done.

Yes. I occasionally think about rewatching it. I rewatched about 10 minutes of the first episode and it has some rewatch value.

I believe that, but I'm glad I'm done with it; I don't want to get sucked in again and watch 3-4 episodes; too much else to do these days.

the only dispute we had at the end was what happens to Jesse.

[spoiler alert!]

My wife felt like he was completely free to move on with his life; the show dropped enough hints that the authorities had nothing to link him to any crimes, since the neo-nazis ransacked Hank & Marie's house and took the DVD of his confession. That's why he was so happy as he drove off their compound.

But I thought he'd still be investigated and likely charged with something, since Marie knew he had been at their house (not proof of anything, but an investigative lead), and he had already been arrested and questioned about the $5MM the police caught him with. Plus there would be questions about how he afforded buying his aunt's house. There was just too much heat on him to simply dissipate like that. In the last couple episodes someone else had mentioned that the APD were still looking for him while he was in captivity. So I thought he would be going to face the music and serve time.

He was happy because he wasn't dead, the neo-nazis were, and he was free of them. but he wasn't under any illusions that he was going to avoid the consequences for his year as Walt's partner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that, but I'm glad I'm done with it; I don't want to get sucked in again and watch 3-4 episodes; too much else to do these days.

the only dispute we had at the end was what happens to Jesse.

[spoiler alert!]

My wife felt like he was completely free to move on with his life; the show dropped enough hints that the authorities had nothing to link him to any crimes, since the neo-nazis ransacked Hank & Marie's house and took the DVD of his confession. That's why he was so happy as he drove off their compound.

But I thought he'd still be investigated and likely charged with something, since Marie knew he had been at their house (not proof of anything, but an investigative lead), and he had already been arrested and questioned about the $5MM the police caught him with. Plus there would be questions about how he afforded buying his aunt's house. There was just too much heat on him to simply dissipate like that. In the last couple episodes someone else had mentioned that the APD were still looking for him while he was in captivity. So I thought he would be going to face the music and serve time.

He was happy because he wasn't dead, the neo-nazis were, and he was free of them. but he wasn't under any illusions that he was going to avoid the consequences for his year as Walt's partner.

even the series creator is torn on the subject:
http://www.slashfilm.com/vince-gilligan-speculates-on-jesse-pinkmans-breaking-bad-fate/

For the record, I didn't imagine he was happy at all. I saw him as damaged beyond repair and cracking in that moment. The laughing was more of an "are you fucking kidding me" because he had freedom after he lost everything that ever mattered. The only person that didn't even want anything anymore and doesn't have anything to move on to is the one that gets to move on.

For the record, I didn't imagine he was happy at all. I saw him as damaged beyond repair and cracking in that moment. The laughing was more of an "are you fucking kidding me" because he had freedom after he lost everything that ever mattered. The only person that didn't even want anything anymore and doesn't have anything to move on to is the one that gets to move on.

the article you posted links to another that includes a screen shot of that page in the script. Describes Gilligan having written that Jesse was heading to "something better" at least, though that doesn't explain his feelings in the moment.

he entered the show as an immature, screw-up... and this was his "education" to a better adulthood. "Better" in some undefined sense, but I take this to mean at least he goes on to be happy in the long run, at least, regardless of whether that involves a stint in prison, or avoiding any criminal liability altogether.

I'd like to see what happens to some of the characters, but I don't know if there's enough of a future there to sustain a new TV series. Maybe in a couple years they can do a "made for TV" movie that shows where Jesse, Walt Jr., Skyler, & Marie all end up. Maybe they end up randomly in Omaha where they meet Saul at his Cinnabon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see what happens to some of the characters, but I don't know if there's enough of a future there to sustain a new TV series.

Probably depends on the success or failure of Better Call Saul. (Which I like, though I get the impression people are only luke warm to it.)

BCS has the potential to be as good BB; dare I say even better. Great first season getting its legs under it.

Back