Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Rolling Stones on pay per view 12/15

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Just got home from an old time friends and he got the Stones pay per view concert,
Man those guys still Rock!! 2 and a half hours plus and Mick just took 10 minutes off the whole show. Rocking on for 50 years.

The only difference for me from 40 years ago at the boston garden was the smoke tonight was from cigars, and the adult beverage was coffee. The last live show was 6 1/2 years back at the TD Bank where the old garden was.

Anyone here ever seen them live?

Last edited:
what would this man say about growing old and playing cruise-ship rock for old farts while selling heavily overpriced tickets:

jimmy-hendrix-lovers-4131.jpg

Just got home from an old time friends and he got the Stones pay per view concert,
Man those guys still Rock!! 2 and a half hours plus and Mick just took 10 minutes off the whole show. Rocking on for 50 years.

The only difference for me from 40 years ago at the boston garden was the smoke tonight was from cigars, and the adult beverage was coffee. The last live show was 6 1/2 years back at the TD Bank where the old garden was.

Anyone here ever seen them live?

Yeah, the last time that I went to see the Stones live was waaay back in '81 @ the Pontiac Siverdome for their Steel Wheels tour, on my B-day. They put on a polished and professional show, Jagger used a crane to sing while hovering above the audience on the main floor.Thought that they were getting old even back then...but little did I know that the band would still be touring and making music over 30 years later.

what would this man say about growing old and playing cruise-ship rock for old farts while selling heavily overpriced tickets:

jimmy-hendrix-lovers-4131.jpg

Saw Jimi back in 1970....used to think it was in April, but checked and saw it was in June,
for a few years from back then, it is all kind of hazy trying to remember exactly.
Jimi would have been 70 iirc last month.

I saw the Stones twice. Voodoo Lounge, and Bridges to Babylon, both at the Silverdome.

Back