Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Traditional Annual Christmas Movie Thread

A Christmas Story. They show it way too often every year, but it never really gets old to me. I think it captures the magic of Christmas from a kids perspective almost perfectly.

Forgot about that one. Some channel runs it 24 hours on Christmas. A bit too much.

Forgot about that one. Some channel runs it 24 hours on Christmas. A bit too much.

I can't really talk since I don't celebrate, but why would you care if they run it too much, TV has like 200 channels, plus who sits around all day watching TV on a holiday? [Thanksgiving Lions games the exception]

I can't really talk since I don't celebrate, but why would you care if they run it too much, TV has like 200 channels, plus who sits around all day watching TV on a holiday? [Thanksgiving Lions games the exception]

A bit too much and you make a point to argue.

How could I have forgotten Moonlight and Mistletoe, with my own dear sweet darling friend, Barbara Niven , and Tom Arnold?

It just came on the Hallmark Channel...I just texted Barbie "my favorite Christmas movie with my favorite prettiest movie star..."

She just texted back "awwwww, thank you...:)"

It is so fuckin' cool to be me...

How could I have forgotten Moonlight and Mistletoe, with my own dear sweet darling friend, Barbara Niven , and Tom Arnold?

It just came on the Hallmark Channel...I just texted Barbie "my favorite Christmas movie with my favorite prettiest movie star..."

She just texted back "awwwww, thank you...:)"

It is so fuckin' cool to be me...

According to her IMDB page, she made another christmas movie; Cedar Grove Christmas, which is in post production.

But you probably already knew that.

According to her IMDB page, she made another christmas movie; Cedar Grove Christmas, which is in post production.

But you probably already knew that.

You're up late.

I'm pretty sure it's Cedar Cove.

Cedar Cove stars Andie McDowell; it's based on a novel or a series of novels some woman wrote; pretty much women watch the show.

I tried to watch it, but ya know...

It's been a regular series on Hallmark this past season, and it's been pretty successful, and yeah, Barbie has been on it; I don't really know about the Christmas movie, but I'lll take your word for it; she's been workin' on a couple other projects too.

Barbie was Marilyn Monroe in HBO's The Rat Pack.

Ironically I can't find a clip of her in it on the internet...but you could probably come up with it better than I would have, anyway....

I was a little slow on the re-wind with this this season...but...does anybody have anything else to add?

one of my favorites that always gets overlooked when people name their favorite Xmas movies is Bad Santa, Billy Bob Thornton is the perfect drunken Santa.

My top 5: Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Bad Santa, Home Alone, Elf

one of my favorites that always gets overlooked when people name their favorite Xmas movies is Bad Santa, Billy Bob Thornton is the perfect drunken Santa.

My top 5: Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Bad Santa, Home Alone, Elf

Yes I just saw a bad Santa again, I think for the second time. Hysterical.

All right guys, it's that time of year when all us macho to this board get to show off how gay we really are by spouting about all the wonderful Christmas we love so much.

Anything new?

Couple years ago I saw "The Family Stone" with Rachel McAdams and Claire Daines; it was pretty good.

I was going to rent the Ed Helms National Lampoon movie, anyone see it? Thoughts?

Also, my 3 year old gets to watch one of my favorite non traditional Christmas movies this year, Gremlins!

One thing I've started to enjoy is watching the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies and doing Google searches for the actresses doing nude scenes in other movies.

They pretty much all have them on the net.

Back