Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hasheem Thabeet

dubbsco

Invited to camp, non-guaranteed contract. If SVG could make him work, wow.

I don't even know how Thabeet has stuck around in the league as long as he has, the guy is a terrible basketball player.

Because he's like 9 feet 5. No matter how low your skill set is, you can stick around if you are a giant.

I don't even know how Thabeet has stuck around in the league as long as he has, the guy is a terrible basketball player.

Hey, that's ironic, the Pistons are a terrible basketball team.

Thabeet is a poor man's Roy Hibbert. Complete disaster on offense, but really shuts down the paint to the opponent when he plays. He wouldn't be terrible as a low minute backup (I don't expect Drummond and Monroe to play all the C minutes), but we already have that player in Aaron Gray.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If Gray is medically unable to play, Thabeet makes a pretty seemless transition into the deep bench C role. He would probably play 15 minutes per in the first two games while Monroe is out, then drop to a 5 minute spot duty when Monroe returns. The latter is more conducive to his skills, but not much we can do about those first two games while Monroe is suspended.

Back