Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nebraska game

Sbee

opening at MSU -8, surprised it's that high. I think they'll be able to score on us, saw a lot of poor safety play in the Wyoming game, need to shore that up. the one saving grace for us may be the fact we can put a lot of points on the board. I'd say we win a tight one in the 30's, maybe something like 38-35

I am worried about this game. We won last year because they turned the ball over a ton.

I'm not worried about the safeties, I'm worried about the middle of the dline, they gave up huge runs! Getting Knox back will help. Linebackers need to have a big game!! It'd be nice to keep abullah under 100 yards to make a statement, but I highly doubt it will happen.

38-28 MSU

I'm not worried about the safeties, I'm worried about the middle of the dline, they gave up huge runs! Getting Knox back will help. Linebackers need to have a big game!! It'd be nice to keep abullah under 100 yards to make a statement, but I highly doubt it will happen.

38-28 MSU

AA is going to get his, they'll put points on the board, they have good WR's as well, not confident in armstrong though. I think we can outscore them though, this is the 2nd toughest game we have remaining

38-28 MSU

After listening to some postgame audio from MD and Narduzzi it sounds like their big run was one where they said they should have called timeout there. we didn't have the right personnel for the package they came out in, I think we might have had Craig Evans and Heath on the interior, something tells me that in that situation we might have called timeout against Nebraska or OSU.

depth chart out

Jack Allen back at #1 Center
Connor Kruse listed as #RG
Knox and Kittridge both listed at #3 DT/NT

Do you guys think we can stop them or will it be a shoot out? I trust cook but I hope we run all over them with Langford and Delton.

Do you guys think we can stop them or will it be a shoot out? I trust cook but I hope we run all over them with Langford and Delton.

can we stop them? I don't think we can shut them out or even hold them under 20 points, they could run the ball against us last year. I think we could keep them in the 20's and score in the 30's or higher.

depth chart out

Jack Allen back at #1 Center
Connor Kruse listed as #RG
Knox and Kittridge both listed at #3 DT/NT

Allen being back is huge. Travis Jackson struggled filling in last week. He had 4 of our 9 total penalties(3 holds and a chop block).

Allen being back is huge. Travis Jackson struggled filling in last week. He had 4 of our 9 total penalties(3 holds and a chop block).
Tough to move over after playing guard all year, I think jack allen was just a precaution. Knox was dressed last week too, my guess is that if it was a big game he would have played.

They are going to put some points on the board. Its clear to see this defense has lost about 30% of the "umph" of last year. Im not overly impressed on pass d, there are people wide open several times a half this year along with missed assignments against teams that are non big 5. I rarely saw that last year so it puts a new spin on things. Cook needs to come out gunslingin. I hope they will work Kings in there for more attempts at WR, hes too talented to waste away only returning kicks....

So much talent at the wide receiver position, but I so think that Kings and Lippett are the two best guys followed by Mumphrey and Burbridge. I really thought Burbridge would be a star after showing some great flashes his freshman year two years ago (maybe three) but that leg injury seems to have slowed him down quite a bit.

I seem to be less worried by our defense than most. The only team that really made us look bad is Oregon, which was in Oregon against probably the best offense in the nation. E Mich didn't score at all until the backups were playing the majority of snaps, Wyoming was shut out once we made adjustments at the half (though they probably could have gotten a field goal late if they weren't forced to go for touchdowns).

Keep in mind that even last year's all-world defense gave up 13 points to W Mich, 17 points to Youngstown, and 28 point to Indiana at home. When the offense is scoring at will, and in many cases quickly, it gives the opponent a lot more chances to put up points themselves. No defense is perfect if the opponent is given the ball enough times.

I seem to be less worried by our defense than most. The only team that really made us look bad is Oregon, which was in Oregon against probably the best offense in the nation. E Mich didn't score at all until the backups were playing the majority of snaps, Wyoming was shut out once we made adjustments at the half (though they probably could have gotten a field goal late if they weren't forced to go for touchdowns).

Keep in mind that even last year's all-world defense gave up 13 points to W Mich, 17 points to Youngstown, and 28 point to Indiana at home. When the offense is scoring at will, and in many cases quickly, it gives the opponent a lot more chances to put up points themselves. No defense is perfect if the opponent is given the ball enough times.

you're occasioinally going to give up some big plays, a perfect pitch and catch, occasional missed tackle, etc. Nebraska has a great running game though, I think MSU will have to score 30 to win this game but that being said I don't see any reason why we can't score 30+

Back