Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Corporations may get permanent Tax cuts

No they don't . They get enough breaks . Funny how the Republicans clamor about the national debt when the Democrats are in charge but do not give a rats ass about it when they run the gov't !!!
RUN up that military Complex industrial debt !!! We need to spit shine those Nukes for another 5 trillion !!!

Last edited:
I agree with Tom dalton the us corp tax rates are too damn high

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/07/5417...e-the-highest-corporate-tax-rate-in-the-world

Lower them and repatriate..and one year later I'd still vote for trump today and thank god every morning shillary didn't win. The only thing I'm not happy about is sessions and his old out of touch postion on the drug war and MJ I would like to see trump fire him and replace him with someone who is on the right side of that..I'd then go back into all the MJ stocks hand over fist if that where to occur.

Last edited:
lol...so many corporations have paid little or no taxes ...for years, if not decades. Fucking delusional dupes that keep buying into the same tax-cut BS that has been pushed for the past 35 years. Where are all the good paying jobs then? Instead, they have "trickled out" of the country via offshoring and outsourcing....just like corporate profits have via their armies of lawyers and accountants.

Jobs are created by consumer demand, but when the people have less discretionary income, b/c of the rising cost of living and stagnant wages, they will spend on necessities only...or maybe pay down their student loans. If some are DINKs, then most of the money that they spend on products and services creates more jobs elsewhere anyway. My parents were the last to have lived in a true boom time, post-WWII when they made, operated, repaired, and managed the products and services that they purchased and leased. The dotcom and housing bubbles of the 90s. were quickly popped. Giving these businesses tax-cuts just means that they can fire some of their lawyers and accountants, and/or invest in AI, robotics, and automation.

But I really don't fucking care anymore. Trump was the last straw. If too much of the people are willing to vote for the same people who swore an oath twice, but renege on the first for the second in Grover Norquist, then they so "richly" deserve whats coming to them...which is less than nothing.

I have both a railroad retirement and federal government pension coming a year from now. Also have the same FEHB as Republicans in Congress, who want to deny them to their own stupid contituents who vote for them. Didn't pay into SS while employed by a railroad, which is/was the ONLY privately owned and operated business where that is lawful.

Last edited:
lol...so many corporations have paid little or no taxes ...for years, if not decades. Fucking delusional dupes that keep buying into the same tax-cut BS that has been pushed for the past 35 years. Where are all the good paying jobs? Instend, they have "trickled out" of the country via offshoring and outsourcing....just like corporate profits have via their armies of lawyers and accountants.

you do understand that they ship their profits out of the country because the US has such a high corporate tax rate.

These companies are free to do what they want. If it makes more sense to move a headquarters out of country because of lower taxes, shouldn't they do it?

I agree with Tom dalton the us corp tax rates are too damn high

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/07/5417...e-the-highest-corporate-tax-rate-in-the-world

Lower them and repatriate..and one year later I'd still vote for trump today and thank god every morning shillary didn't win. The only thing I'm not happy about is sessions and his old out of touch postion on the drug war and MJ I would like to see trump fire him and replace him with someone who is on the right side of that..I'd then go back into all the MJ stocks hand over fist if that where to occur.

NPR is just another right wing blog, like The Drudge Report and Breitbart.

you do understand that they ship their profits out of the country because the US has such a high corporate tax rate.

These companies are free to do what they want. If it makes more sense to move a headquarters out of country because of lower taxes, shouldn't they do it?

How low do they need to go? Some tax shelter are at 0% and make their money off set fees right? So...is there a number low enough to claw that back?

Wikipedia says the GDP of the Cayman Islands is $2.5 B and 70% of that is tourism, leaving a maximum of $750 million in tax shelter income. So wouldn't you have to lower rates until what we get back out of it is less than $750 million to make it worth it to companies? The taxes we miss out on is billions if you consider our current tax rate or whatever new tax rate is being proposed, but to get companies to voluntarily bring it back at a rate that would be worth it seems impossible.

Last edited:

So just b/c they get a tax-cut, then that means that all of these benevolent corporations who have been stashing their proffits overseas, will suddenly develop a conscience, and stop abusing the US' leaky tax code?

lol

So just b/c they get a tax-cut, then that means that all of these benevolent corporations who have been stashing their proffits overseas, will suddenly develop a conscience, and stop abusing the US' leaky tax code?

lol

Corporations have been leaving the US because the corporate taxes are significantly lower elsewhere. Doesn't it make sense to lower the taxes to stop the exodus? Maybe if we make it appealing enough, some will come back and re-invest here vs. overseas?

Corporatons have been asking for handouts for years and it is total BS that that anyone thinks thier rate is 35%. Hasn't even been close for years with all the breaks they have been getting. Get ready for that great trickle down again ...lol !!! Same old Gop game plan that never works. Republicans are just a worthless piece of crap party.

Last edited:
Corporations have been leaving the US because the corporate taxes are significantly lower elsewhere. Doesn't it make sense to lower the taxes to stop the exodus? Maybe if we make it appealing enough, some will come back and re-invest here vs. overseas?

The nations which are tax-shelters are small, the nations where employee overhead is low, have a correspondingly low standard and cost of living. Most of the products that they make for multinationals to export to the US, other than vehicles, appliances, and electronic gizmos, are not used or wanted by their low wage/no benefit/no pension/no FLSA labor. So why would there be any incentive to reinvest here?

Our cost of living alone, precludes employing any more than is necessary to get US to buy and take delivery of their exported products, via warehouse when ordered online, or physically less and less often, via retail store.

Once AI/robotics becomes advanced enough, then even the jobs that are nailed down here by physical necessity will be in extreme jeopardy.

Disgusting bill. Nice handout to Millionaires and billionaires . But raises taxes on people who make 10,000 to 75,000. Big old Gop tax lie ... Big payday to the donors like the Koch Brothers. Fuck Trump.

Disgusting bill. Nice handout to Millionaires and billionaires . But raises taxes on people who make 10,000 to 75,000. Big old Gop tax lie ... Big payday to the donors like the Koch Brothers. Fuck Trump.

And when flyover country experiences no job growth, or has losses over the next few years, their "representatives" will claim that Big Corp. needs yet another tax-cut.

Just like when food prices soared in '08, and Big Food claimed that it was due to high fuel prices, but when fuel prices sank after '13, did food prices even noticeably respond in kind?

Nah...of course not.

Last edited:
Back