Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Worst Anti-Science BS of 2017

I disagree

The article talks about the expansion of private prisons as being part of a deportation plan.

Now...how are people gonna be simultaneously incarcerated AND deported?

EDIT: Oh...that was from a different Mother Jones report that was linked to...

Here is a ranking of conservative to liberal leaning of media outlets; although the source is questionable; it's actually only the University of Michigan itself.

So Mother Jones is ranked far left, along with the Huffington post.

Now, if a person considers themselves as left or progressive or far left, fine; just keep linking only to Mother Jones; but it's really no different from only linking to Breitbart, or quoting Sean Hannity, or some such thing.

Last edited:
The article talks about the expansion of private prisons as being part of a deportation plan.

Here is a ranking of conservative to liberal leaning of media outlets; although the source is questionable; it's actually only the University of Michigan itself.

Now, if a person considers themselves as left or progressive or far left, fine; just keep linking only to Mother Jones; but it's really no different from only linking to Breitbart, or quoting Sean Hannity, or some such thing.

I disagree. Mj may be left but at least they try and get the facts right .I have read some of the articles in which reporters go really in depth . Like the for profit prison system a few months back. They do a lot of research and I post plenty other sites on here other then Mother Jones . Tell me anything posted is not factual compared to Fox and Briertbart who in fact tell everyone they are for entertainment purposes, and besides the left is on the right side of history, and it will play out that way in the next 100 years. Too bad i will be dead.

There is nothing out there worse then Alex Jones, Briertbart, and Fox Entertainment Network. The right arm of the GOP lol

Last edited:

Am I reading this right ? Publication date 1996 ?

There is nothing out there worse then Alex Jones, Briertbart, and Fox Entertainment Network. The right arm of the GOP lol

Okay.

When I read those Mother Jones articles there's a lot more speculation and projections than actual corroborative data, at least that's how I see it.

I also don't pay attention to Breitbart and Fox either.

Alex Jones - I used him as kind a joke - "Mother Jones's crazy son Alex."

While I put Mother Jones right next to Salon on the left/right scale, this particular article cited many sources, some of which are just standard .gov websites. Was there a particular topic in that list you disagreed with? If not, why is the political slant of MoJo relevant?

You're never going to find a 'top 10 list' on a neutral or respectable website or reporting service. They are better at hiding their click bait. So if this is the kind of thing Bob digs, he really doesn't have a choice.

Am I reading this right ? Publication date 1996 ?

I don't see 1996 in the article.

There's a link to a Pew Research report from 2014 and another link to a report from AllSides from spring of this year, so if this study from the University of Michigan was published in 1996, man, as great as I think Michigan is, I gotta say, that is really some forward thinking and visionary shit.

I'm kidding.

I see the report citing the Drudge Report as having been established in 1996.

Maybe that's what you were looking at.

While I put Mother Jones right next to Salon on the left/right scale, this particular article cited many sources, some of which are just standard .gov websites. Was there a particular topic in that list you disagreed with? If not, why is the political slant of MoJo relevant?

You're never going to find a 'top 10 list' on a neutral or respectable website or reporting service. They are better at hiding their click bait. So if this is the kind of thing Bob digs, he really doesn't have a choice.

A person can be as liberal or conservative as they want.

If a person only cites Mother Jones or Salon or the Huffington Post, to me it's the same as if a person only cites Breitbart or Sean Hannity.

That was my point in post #2; I used Alex Jones as the example because I got to refer to him as the "crazy son of Mother Jones..."

That said...

If a person who reads my posts doesn't realize that my political posts are - the vast majority of them anyway - are a mixture of serious and satiric and facetious...I'm kinda not communicating to that person in the way I want my posts to be communicative...

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot...the University of Michigan report does link to a number of reports that list many media outlets as being neutral or centrist...way more than ten, actually...

That was my point in post #2; I used Alex Jones as the example because I got to refer to him as the "crazy son of Mother Jones..."

I'm absolutely using that in the future. :tup:

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot...the University of Michigan report does link to a number of reports that list many media outlets as being neutral or centrist...way more than ten, actually...

I meant as far as titles of web pages. "TOP TEN WAYS TRUMP IS RUINING THE COUNTRY" and such.

I'm absolutely using that in the future. :tup:

Almost nobody knows this, but Mother Jones has had a long running feud with her own crazy sister in law, Mother Goose...

I meant as far as titles of web pages. "TOP TEN WAYS TRUMP IS RUINING THE COUNTRY" and such.

Of course.

And I really am bothered by the way Trump comports himself in his behavior as President of the United States.

That said...conservative news outlets were talking about the way that Obama was ruining the country...

And before that...liberal news outlets were talking about the ways Bush W....was ruining the country...

And so forth before with Clinton, and Reagan (G.H.W Bush libs didn't care that much about) and Carter and Nixon/Ford and so forth...

Pretty much every president has been ruining this country going back to since Washington chose not to run for a third term...

So I think the summary is George Washington ruined the country.

More likely John Adams.

And the country isn't ruined.

It's just that every president leaves office with the country more close to ruin than it was when he took office.

Except in the eyes of supporters of the newly elected president.

The newly elected president is always the tits, in the eyes of his supporters.

Except we have yet to have a president who literally has or has had tits.

Taft looked like he had tits, but really they were just man boobs.

That's why we continually to refer to hypothetical presidents in male pronouns.

Those old guys would love to get their hands on a machine gun!!!!!!. Fuck all political parties and espically the 2 party lock the Democrats and Republicans have on Americans in 2017.

Only linking to reports from Mother Jones is a little like only linking to reports from her crazy son Alex's INFOWARS.

The alt-right and fundievangelicals have dragged conservativism so far to the right, that what was once considered to be centrist is now leftist. Billionaires like the Koch brothers have spent millions lobbying and influencing public opinion by attempting to turn government programs and services into some kind of Marxist plot. As well as villifying unions as all being run by mob syndicates for organized crime.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like the Christian far right propaganda Machine can claim victory and all school books can change the earth to being only 6000 years old! Science is just not on the far rights side but sadly all the trolls think their fake science data, and the Trump administration is the dumbest.

I don't recall reading anything in that article about the earth only being 6,000 years old, personally I don't subscribe to that theory, some of the artifacts on mars and the moon are hundreds of thousands of years old for krised sakes

The original Blade Runner wasn't a box-office smash either, and was moreso a sci-fi dystopean film noir regarding the use of genetically engineered replicants with short lifespans and specialized skilllsets to better survive the inhospitable environments of space and non-life supporting planets and moons for mining their resources.

The film later grew to cult status, once it was released on VHS video, like many sci-fi flicks before and after it.

Not so much about what was happening on Earth climate-wise, and the film was set in the rainy Pacific Northwest, where coincidentally most tech companies are located. I haven't watched the long delayed sequel yet, although I do have a downloaded bootleg copy of it.

But I don't have to directly experience the effects of climate change in the weather outdoors every day to know that its real, not to mention the distinct lack of varied bird species, bats, squirrels, and beneficial insects like spiders, honeybees, bumblebees, and butterlies where I live now, less than 2 miles from my childhood home in the 60s, when such natural diversity in my neighborhood was once plentiful.

Last edited:
Back