Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Both of These Can't Be True

Whatever assets that my wife or I have remaining upon both of our deaths will be going to the state anyway, since we will not have anyone related still living who we would want to bequeath it to.

So that will be my/our final contribution to society, other than what I/we donated and paid into it over the past 45 years.

That is...IF society as what it passes for now, still exists.

Last edited:
As a FINRA-licensed S24/7/63 and practicing investment advisor, I can say with certainty that the stock market is not correlated to donald trump, as much as he would assert otherwise. The VIX is at an unprecedented number below 10 and despite real and genuine political discourse. Sure, the stock market would respond to instability in the white house - who wouldn't? - but this booming market and economy is based on the past decade of recovery and leadership under Obama. Trump has most certainly dabbled in money laundering with Russian mobsters. The 'Pee tapes' are most certainly real and he's in deep, fucking shit. He never wanted to be President and would not be, were it not for the interference from Russian hackers and social media BotFarms. He's been a brazen racist and despicable person in private life and now, in serving the public, he's been exposed.

The only person I feel sort of sorry for is Melania ...though she's just a gold digger and deserving of the public embarrassment that is her husband and our "president."

and no ...I'm not some stupid "libtard" or otherwise politically wedged to the Left ...I am in the 1% to be honest and am very much fiscally conservative.

I simply object to the person who sits in DC - the "man" Trump who is in every way an abhorrent and disgusting person. Saddest of all is the sycophant GOP who remain silent through all of this.

too bad the "libtards" don't have 2nd Amendment nuts.

as a series 7/66 licensed and practicing financial advisor and institutional investor during the obama years, I can say with certainty that this booming market and economy is not due to the past decade of recovery and/or leadership of Obama. the VIX is where it is because of the free money the fed has pumped into the system which has led to asset inflation which has been the driving force behind the stock market during Obama's tenure - Bush's and Clinton's as well for that matter although they oversaw higher growth rates than barry did. The "recovery" under the leadership of obama was the slowest and weakest since WWII. Now we are most certainly seeing the very real and positive impact on the economy of tax reform in very short order. Trump will certainly deserve a good amount of the credit for any resulting uptick in GDP growth, moreso than Obama - that's for sure. The stock market should respond in kind to increased growth but that's harder to predict given that multiples have just recently begun to normalize and the discount mechanism is going to be going up if the fed continues on its path of tightening/normalizing interest rates.

The rest of your post about Trump being president because of Russian bots, racism, pee tapes, laundering money for the Russian mob, etc is just more leftist nonsense - off the rails, paranoid conspiracy level shit. And I'm not a Trump sycophant - I'm not even a fan, don't like him. There are plenty of reasons to not like him, you don't need to go making up unsubstantiated bullshit. It just makes you look like a leftist libtard.

Libtards may not have any 2nd amendment "nuts" but if I understand what you seem to be insinuating, you're wrong about this too. 2nd amendment nuts aren't the ones who go around shooting up places - to my knowledge, no mass shooters have been 2nd amendment activists or even NRA members. They tend to be more leftist or registered democrats if I'm not mistaken (loughner, Hodgkinson, Holmes, Oswald, etc)

Whatever assets that my wife or I have remaining upon both of our deaths will be going to the state anyway since we will not have anyone related still living who we would want to bequeath it to.

So that will be my/our final contribution to society, other than what I/we donated and paid into it over the past 45 years.

all kidding aside...don't let the state piss it away. Give it to a charity or something. You seem to be a baseball fan...donate your estate to your local little league. Have it all set up beforehand. That's what I would do if in your circumstance. Fuck the state...do something worthwhile with it.

Last edited:
"so it won't hurt you to tax the shit out of me to help support people that don't want to take care of themselves or their families."

Don't?

That is pretty typical of many conservatives who post blanket fallacies about people who must seek assistance from the government, due to circumstances beyond their control and wishes. Such as kids and ex-spouses, whose mother or father are jailed for missing child-support payments, then as a result, cannot find employment paying a wage high enough to catch up and resume making payments, putting them back in the slammer for longer and longer periods, until they receive or commit a felony.

Or people who are laid off and cannot quickly find another FT job paying above min wage, and recieve assistance for a year or longer, after having paid taxes for years, if not decades.

Just what percent of these tax-suckiing "slackers" do you think wouldn't jump @ the chance of landing a FT job with advancement opportunities, and a life-supporting wage or salary?

b/c FT "right to work" min wage doesn't and hasn't since the 50s.

this is just nonsense. Close to half of American families are now receiving government assistance of one form or another. They can't all be kids and spouses whose dad/spouse are jailed for not making child support payments. Or people who can't "quickly" find work after getting laid off. Talk about fallacies and blanket statements - this one takes the cake.

this is just nonsense. Close to half of American families are now receiving government assistance of one form or another. They can't all be kids and spouses whose dad/spouse are jailed for not making child support payments. Or people who can't "quickly" find work after getting laid off. Talk about fallacies and blanket statements - this one takes the cake.

Those were just examples, and I wasn't replying to you anyway. "Talk" about sniping your snide opinion into where it wasn't involved. If close to half of US families are now dependent upon government assistance, that is just a result of the "great sucking sound" that H Ross Perot spoke about, which was reflected in mass offshoring and later outsourcing of former US jobs, as well as overall stagnant wages being earned by the labor class.

Last edited:
"Now we are most certainly seeing the very real and positive impact on the economy of tax reform in very short order"

Yeah...we being whom...the top 01% who own 40% and the top 10% who own 80% of all stocks?

A successful economy also depends upon consumer confidence, not just their fattened portfolios.

"We" might see how this perma tax-cut bounty has all played out by early to middle of the next decade.

Pretty shrewd move by the GOP'S sock-puppet master billionaires, to include that temporary tax-cut, that will make the precipitous drop all the more lethal for what passes for much of the middle-class, and especially the SS/Medicare dependent boomers when it ends.

Last edited:
all kidding aside...don't let the state piss it away. Give it to a charity or something. You seem to be a baseball fan...donate your estate to your local little league. Have it all set up beforehand. That's what I would do if in your circumstance. Fuck the state...do something worthwhile with it.

My wife is 7 years younger, she should outlive me. I could ask her to bequeath her estate to St Jude, but there is no certainty, IMO, that she "will".

Whatever assets that my wife or I have remaining upon both of our deaths will be going to the state anyway, since we will not have anyone related still living who we would want to bequeath it to.

"Anyone who dies with more than $10,000 in the bank or more than ten bottles left in his cellar was a fool and certainly had not lived his life correctly." - Errol Flynn (the quote is at the bottom of the first paragraph - it's the only place I could find it).

Once you're both eligible for the Social Security benefits that you've paid payroll taxes into for the last 45 years, why not just say "fuck it" and blow all the loot on having some fun?

Then when all is said and done you can trade all your SSA benefits for food and lodging at a retirement home where people come by and feed you and give you medication and give you sponge baths and you can force them to listen to your stories while you savor the memories on your last wild ride?

That's what I'm gonna do, anyway.

Last edited:
Those were just examples, and I wasn't replying to you anyway. "Talk" about sniping your snide opinion into where it wasn't involved. If close to half of US families are now dependent upon government assistance, that is just a result of the "great sucking sound" that H Ross Perot spoke about, which was reflected in mass offshoring and later outsourcing of former US jobs, as well as overall stagnant wages being earned by the labor class.

that wasn't my opinion - it's a fact that your examples don't represent the ridiculously high % of Americans on the government Dole. you can thank your beloved unions for that offshoring and now even more moronic policies like the $15 minimum or living wage movements will just have the same effect. finally someone in the white house understands the stupidity of having an uncompetitive tax rate and horrible trade deals like nafta.

Last edited:
"Now we are most certainly seeing the very real and positive impact on the economy of tax reform in very short order"

Yeah...we being whom...the top 01% who own 40% and the top 10% who own 80% of all stocks?

A successful economy also depends upon consumer confidence, not just their fattened portfolios.

"We" might see how this perma tax-cut bounty has all played out by early to middle of the next decade.

Pretty shrewd move by the GOP'S sock-puppet master billionaires, to include that temporary tax-cut, that will make the precipitous drop all the more lethal for what passes for much of the middle-class, and especially the SS/Medicare dependent boomers when it ends.

hey, aren't you the guy who just chided me for responding to your post that wasn't specifically addressed to one of my posts? hypocrite much?

i actually don't care - you can reply to anything I say here. I'll probably never ask for your opinion, but feel free to give it anyway - it's an open forum and I'm not a whiny little sissy. I just thought the double standard was pretty funny.

so here you go - if you willfully ignore all the pay increases, bonuses, major investments, repatriation, paid leave and other announcements all or in large part because of tax reform, then I guess you can say it only helps the 1%. well done.

Last edited:

They can't all be kids and spouses whose dad/spouse are jailed for not making child support payments. Or people who can't "quickly" find work after getting laid off.

No...they cannot be.

Is there any kind of study, graph or chart that shows the breakdown of American families that are now receiving government assistance?

And also, who makes the claim that "close to half of American families are now receiving government assistance of one form or another?'

I am going to go way out on a limb and guess that every single military family would be included in the count of American families that are now receiving government assistance of one form or another.

Are they included in the claim?

I don't know.

What are the facts?

As a FINRA-licensed S24/7/63 and practicing investment advisor, I can say with certainty that the stock market is not correlated to donald trump, as much as he would assert otherwise. The VIX is at an unprecedented number below 10 and despite real and genuine political discourse. Sure, the stock market would respond to instability in the white house - who wouldn't? - but this booming market and economy is based on the past decade of recovery and leadership under Obama. Trump has most certainly dabbled in money laundering with Russian mobsters. The 'Pee tapes' are most certainly real and he's in deep, fucking shit. He never wanted to be President and would not be, were it not for the interference from Russian hackers and social media BotFarms. He's been a brazen racist and despicable person in private life and now, in serving the public, he's been exposed.

The only person I feel sort of sorry for is Melania ...though she's just a gold digger and deserving of the public embarrassment that is her husband and our "president."

and no ...I'm not some stupid "libtard" or otherwise politically wedged to the Left ...I am in the 1% to be honest and am very much fiscally conservative.

I simply object to the person who sits in DC - the "man" Trump who is in every way an abhorrent and disgusting person. Saddest of all is the sycophant GOP who remain silent through all of this.

too bad the "libtards" don't have 2nd Amendment nuts.

As a Nobel Memorial Prize Winner, the disgraced and utterly wrong Paul Krugman, who happens to be a fellow 1 percenter, agrees with you.

Last edited:
As a Nobel Memorial Prize Winner, the disgraced and utterly wrong Paul Krugman, who happens to be a fellow 1 percenter, agrees with you.

Ye- ha!!!!!!!
Get your gun out and start shooting in the air .. The disgrace is most of the top greedy 1% who don't give a shit about the rest of us. When the economy emplods like Brownbacks state of Kansas the Democrats will have to pick up the pieces again just like after the Bush presidency. i hope this doesn't happen but it's not like we haven't seen this playbook by the Gop before.

it's a utter disgrace that Politicians let corporations act like people . News flash Corporations are not people. Get that type of Money out of politics. Get rid of citizens united.

Hey all republicans !!! How about we agree to stop all forms of gerrymandering!!!
Lol I doubt many republicans would agree to this

You want the economy to boom then inact national Healthcare and watch the America economy thrive when the spector of crushing medical debt is taking away from ordinary Americans . Governing by fear and hate has to stop.

Ye- ha!!!!!!!
Get your gun out and start shooting in the air .. The disgrace is most of the top greedy 1% who don't give a shit about the rest of us. When the economy emplods like Brownbacks state of Kansas the Democrats will have to pick up the pieces again just like after the Bush presidency. i hope this doesn't happen but it's not like we haven't seen this playbook by the Gop before.

it's a utter disgrace that Politicians let corporations act like people . News flash Corporations are not people. Get that type of Money out of politics. Get rid of citizens united.

Hey all republicans !!! How about we agree to stop all forms of gerrymandering!!!
Lol I doubt many republicans would agree to this

You want the economy to boom then inact national Healthcare and watch the America economy thrive when the spector of crushing medical debt is taking away from ordinary Americans . Governing by fear and hate has to stop.

how exactly would national healthcare create a booming economy?

how exactly would national healthcare create a booming economy?

I could spend the upwards of the more than $15K on spent on health insurance last year alone - we barely even used it - on other things.

I could take 3 family trips, buy another car, buy a boat, etc.

FUCK YOU.

I could spend the upwards of the more than $15K on spent on health insurance last year alone - we barely even used it - on other things.

FUCK YOU.

you think healthcare would be free? You are still going to pay for it one way or another.

FUCK YOU.

You don't think your doctors and your insurance pros took 3 family vacays and bought cars and boats with the 15K you paid under the ACA last year?

It's Obamacare, dude! It's the Obama economy/recovery! Share the wealth!

Everyone should have the same healthcare coverage as Congress enjoys, and the premium costs scaled to their annual individual or family income.

Otherwise its hypocrisy for Republicans to claim that everyone else whose employer doesn't provide group major medical, Rx drug, and dental insurance, should have to "shop across state lines" to find affordable plans. That is one of the biggest myths ever fomented by the Greedy Old Pricks.

Last edited:
You don't think your doctors and your insurance pros took 3 family vacays and bought cars and boats with the 15K you paid under the ACA last year?

It's Obamacare, dude! It's the Obama economy/recovery! Share the wealth!

The left should form its own nationwide pool of eligible insureds, and leave the rightwing to obtain coverage through Trumpcare.

Last edited:
I don't know what the percentage is...but my guess is it's a large percentage.

Here are some suggestions:

get a second job, or a third
get a skill or trade that's in demand

there are opportunities out there for everyone. People are too lazy to take advantage of them. Most people are in a bad situation because they themselves have put them there or because their parents were irresponsible. I'm all for taking care of people that can't do it themselves due to disability etc. The rest of them can fuck off.

These lazy ass fucks need more jobs, or better skills.

I hate that a Mother Jones reporter is the one who managed to record Romney. That said, the old fuckers, who paid all their lives into FICA who now live off the public teet without paying a dime in taxes should all just do us the courtesy and die.

Back