Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

why stock market go down?

jobs, capacity utilization, GDP, wages, Unemployment, consumer confidence, retail sales - the list of economic indicators more important than the Dow goes on and on.

Also, the Dow itself isn't very useful as a market indicator - it's a dollar weighted index of 30 stocks. The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ composite are much more useful indicators of than the Dow.

My one worry since I'm disabled don't mess with my social security or Medicare.

Why stock market go down more today?

should I sell my stocks?

but as a good conservative, surely you'd be happy to give up the benefits you do receive from the state if it means the government can cut taxes for the wealthy again, right?

My one worry since I'm disabled don't mess with my social security or Medicare.

What if they can make either or both better? Social Security maybe not but even the Ryan plan called for leaving it unchanged for people over 55.

Last edited:
Why stock market go down more today?

should I sell my stocks?

Actually, you should be looking for deals. Smart investors have already figured out their buy list.

. . . but to answer your question. Very much larger than normal market correction. If you listen to some economists, it is fear of inflation. It may be prudent to re-apportion a small percentage of holdings to some safer large cap, or bond funds.

. . .oh wait, I know the answer you wanted. Trump bad! :*)

Last edited:
markets have been long overdue for a correction and here it is...

Actually, you should be looking for deals. Smart investors have already figured out their buy list.

. . . but to answer your question. Very much larger than normal market correction. If you listen to some economists, it is fear of inflation. It may be prudent to re-apportion a small percentage of holdings to some safer large cap, or bond funds.

. . .oh wait, I know the answer you wanted. Trump bad! :*)

it's not the fear of inflation itself, it's the fear that inflation will lead the fed to raise rates at a faster pace than advertised. Apple and a few other earnings disappointments didn't help matters. Maybe champ should buy iphones for his kids.

Last edited:
it's not the fear of inflation itself, it's the fear that inflation will lead the fed to raise rates at a faster pace than advertised. Apple and a few other earnings disappointments didn't help matters. Maybe champ should buy iphones for his kids.

If you look at a handful of real asset/commodity charts like Steel, Oil, Gold and Soft Aggs, they all look the same. Multi-year decline followed by 2yrs of sideways movement, with a breakout to the upside beginning this year. A lot of the commodity ETFs are moving and a call we hosted today on reflation/inflation had an astounding number of attendees compared to a typical call of ours.

Or if you believe the sitting President, that the market run is because of him ...then clearly the reason the market is down because of him, too. Sad!

Last edited:
If you look at a handful of real asset/commodity charts like Steel, Oil, Gold and Soft Aggs, they all look the same. Multi-year decline followed by 2yrs of sideways movement, with a breakout to the upside beginning this year. A lot of the commodity ETFs are moving and a call we hosted today on reflation/inflation had an astounding number of attendees compared to a typical call of ours.

Or if you believe the sitting President, that the market run is because of him ...then clearly the reason the market is down because of him, too. Sad!

I don't put too much stock on those claims from any president. I do think we're seeing an acceleration of growth and I think while he deserves some derision and criticism, he at least deserves some credit for that (among other things as well).

comps are gonna get tougher and tougher for companies to beat, particularly as interest rates rise and credit gets more expensive. We're overdue for a correction and now people are beginning to think they haven't priced in the very real possibility the Fed may be more aggressive. I've been wanting to own VXX for awhile but haven't wanted to pay for the decay as volatility flat-lined, now I'm wishing I hadn't overthought it. I'm not calling a bottom but I'll probably start putting $ to work and "buy the dip" here and there and maybe some VXX too. I think the economy will continue to get stronger, multiple may contract a bit and the market probably won't put up 2017 numbers but I don't expect a recession or a prolonged bear market at this point.

Last edited:
Crypto market is where the real slaughter is...ka plunk, easy come easy go, poof ghondi go the bits and byte coins

Last edited:
Market may also be projecting a much longer gumbit shutdown next now as the deep state doesn’t go quietly into the night.

Market may also be projecting a much longer gumbit shutdown next now as the deep state doesn?t go quietly into the night.

ah, so the CIA, NSA, and FBI control the market, make it go up and down.

ah, so the CIA, NSA, and FBI control the market, make it go up and down.

No they didn’t make it go up, and no the deep state is much more than that, trump is going to win this fight in the end. Did you not get the update from the crazy preacher guy?

Last edited:
Market may also be projecting a much longer gumbit shutdown next now as the deep state doesn?t go quietly into the night.

Reactions to domestic and geopolitical events tend to be transitory for the most part - you get the rally or sell off as people make knee jerk reactions, but unless there's real and lasting economic impact, they blow over pretty quickly with little or no lasting impact.

Back