Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

why stock market go down?

you have bing, prove it's not true, small mind.

why? you're the one who asserted it's true.

I'm pretty sure George Washington, John Adams, and Abe Lincoln never took credit for the economy, and it grew during the Civil War (in the North, not in the South, where Sherman was burning the place down)

prove it...

I sort of don't get the point you're trying to make here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj2zTjQ6tt8

George W Increasing Home ownership

Clinton flowering economy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bV5F5x0i4

Every president in each party has taken credit for anything that was perceived as good during they when were the president.

I've been watching the State of the Union messages for years; I never once saw a president get up there and say "I really fucked shit up this last year, folks..."

Trump is quite a bit less humble than any president in the TV era by far...but they all have taken credit for things thought to be good...

Last edited:
why? you're the one who asserted it's true.

I'm pretty sure George Washington, John Adams, and Abe Lincoln never took credit for the economy, and it grew during the Civil War (in the North, not in the South, where Sherman was burning the place down)

Because, like I said before, I don't care what Trump or other Presidents have said to take credit for the market. I also don't care if Trump says it more frequently or is more arrogant about it - that difference is no more important to me than that he or others have tried to take credit for it. I don't give president's direct credit for the market even when they try to take it. Nor do I care that Trump does it more frequently than others. You have this need to make mountains out of molehills and manufacture reasons to hate everything about Trump. I'm not that hateful so I don't need to do that.

He’s not only taken credit for the 30% growth of the stock market, in one interview he started rambling on about how this offsets the increase in govt debt ...?! He’s a fucking moron.

Because, like I said before, I don't care what Trump or other Presidents have said to take credit for the market. I also don't care if Trump says it more frequently or is more arrogant about it - that difference is no more important to me than that he or others have tried to take credit for it. I don't give president's direct credit for the market even when they try to take it. Nor do I care that Trump does it more frequently than others. You have this need to make mountains out of molehills and manufacture reasons to hate everything about Trump. I'm not that hateful so I don't need to do that.

Dude, no potus has ever openly said the market is because of them. The day before his ?physical? he said the market would sell off if there was any bad news or medical issues.

He?s a narcissist.

Every president in each party has taken credit for anything that was perceived as good during they when were the president.

I've been watching the State of the Union messages for years; I never once saw a president get up there and say "I really fucked shit up this last year, folks..."

Trump is quite a bit less humble than any president in the TV era by far...but they all have taken credit for things thought to be good...

No previous president even remotely compares to this attention-seeking megalomaniac who throws Twitter-tantrums @ any and every perceived slight. He doesn't just occasionally attempt to take credit or assign blame, its constant and daily, if not hourly. His reputation has it that he can't read a document from beginning to end, unless his name is featured prominently and frequently within it. That is absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain your fancy variant is over reacting. :lmao:

I am pretty sure that it isn't, since I browse quite a few sites almost daily, and very rarely have seen that warning occur over the past year.

No previous president even remotely compares to this attention-seeking megalomaniac who throws Twitter-tantrums @ any and every perceived slight. He doesn't just occasionally attempt to take credit or assign blame, its constant and daily, if not hourly.

from what I understand, Thomas Jefferson was just as bad. He used to grab his slaves by the pussy and his Telegraph rants were epic. #..-.--..--...-.-

from what I understand, Thomas Jefferson was just as bad. He used to grab his slaves by the pussy and his Telegraph rants were epic. #..-.--..--...-.-

telegraph wasn't invented until a few decades after he left office.

he had rants printed out on pamphlets and taped them up to a wall outside Monticello for passerby to read.

The first telegraph communication in the United States, from Washington, D.C., to Baltimore occurred in May 1844. Morse sent the first official telegram over the line, with the message: ?What hath God wrought!?

Transcontinental telegraph service wasn't implemented across the US until 1851.

That was a while after Jefferson passed away in 1826, @ age 83.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/morse-demonstrates-telegraph

The first telegraph communication in the United States, from Washington, D.C., to Baltimore occurred in May 1844. Morse sent the first official telegram over the line, with the message: ?What hath God wrought!?

Transcontinental telegraph service wasn't implemented across the US until 1851.

That was a while after Jefferson passed away in 1826, @ age 83.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/morse-demonstrates-telegraph

dammit! I need to brush up on my telegraph history

telegraph wasn't invented until a few decades after he left office.

he had rants printed out on pamphlets and taped them up to a wall outside Monticello for passerby to read.

Tape? Came after the telegraph.

No previous president even remotely compares to this attention-seeking megalomaniac who throws Twitter-tantrums @ any and every perceived slight. He doesn't just occasionally attempt to take credit or assign blame, its constant and daily, if not hourly. His reputation has it that he can't read a document from beginning to end, unless his name is featured prominently and frequently within it. That is absolutely pathetic.

That's not exactly true.

Andrew Jackson and Theodore Roosevelt were also both pretty nuts.

They just didn't have the telecom platforms.

That's not exactly true.

Andrew Jackson and Theodore Roosevelt were also both pretty nuts.

They just didn't have the telecom platforms.

Teddy Roosevelt used to shoot lots of animals, then yell "Bully! Bully!" But he also liked to shoot big business (Trustbusting in those days) so he was A Ok in my book.

Andrew Jackson was our first redneck president. we didn't have another until Bill Clinton.

Trump is our first "steakhead" president. and our first open con man president.

In college, I learned New Yorkers don't call meatheads "meatheads" they call them "steakheads." And since Trump is a New Yorker...

EDIT: actually I'm remembering that my friends who used the term steakhead were from Connecticut (Connecticans? Or just Yankees?) and only moved to NYC after college.

they complained about "Long Island Steakheads" running their power boats on Long Island Sound, and how it totally harshed their mellow while sailing.

all those assholes had too much money, in my opinion. seize it, and redistribute it.

EDIT: actually I'm remembering that my friends who used the term steakhead were from Connecticut (Connecticans? Or just Yankees?) and only moved to NYC after college.

they complained about "Long Island Steakheads" running their power boats on Long Island Sound, and how it totally harshed their mellow while sailing.

all those assholes had too much money, in my opinion. seize it, and redistribute it.

Norman Lear was from Connecticut; yet he had an affinity for the term "meathead."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbHnvWjhhCw

Perhaps native New Yorker Carroll O'Connor informed Lear that in New York, they call people "meathead" rather than steakhead.

Back