Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

why stock market go down?

Dude, no potus has ever openly said the market is because of them. The day before his ?physical? he said the market would sell off if there was any bad news or medical issues.

He?s a narcissist.

but he's probably right, it probably would sell off on that. Do you not agree? any type of uncertainty can trigger a sell off. It probably wouldn't have a lasting impact, but it would probably sell off.

That's not exactly true.

Andrew Jackson and Theodore Roosevelt were also both pretty nuts.

They just didn't have the telecom platforms.

As a young adult, Roosevelt showed particular interest in zoology and biology, which would serve him well later as a rancher and outdoorsman.

While a student at Harvard, Roosevelt competed in boxing, rowing, and wrestling. Academically, he studied German, natural history, forensics, and composition. He would later graduate near the top of his class. He would enjoy physical outdoor pursuits throughout his life, and often spent time hiking, riding horses, and swimming.

Teddy sure doesn't seem to be very much like Trump, (other than winning the birth lotto) who received several draft deferments to avoid serving in the military b/c of bone spurs.

https://www.newsmax.com/fastfeature...bout-theodore-roosevelt/2014/10/19/id/601451/

Last edited:
EDIT: actually I'm remembering that my friends who used the term steakhead were from Connecticut (Connecticans? Or just Yankees?) and only moved to NYC after college.

they complained about "Long Island Steakheads" running their power boats on Long Island Sound, and how it totally harshed their mellow while sailing.

all those assholes had too much money, in my opinion. seize it, and redistribute it.

because you have as much claim to it as they do - you know, because they had more which made them assholes, in your opinion.

yeah, i've removed libtard from my vocabulary for the most part. I don't like the sound of it and it's insulting and unfairly characterizes the more rational, traditional liberals - not that there are many here other than like Monster and maybe sgg. Now I just use the more polity synonym "leftist" for the whackjobs.

I may come off as a liberal but if you dealt with me outside of this weird Trump bubble, I'm more center right. I've been called a 'South Park Republican' by my cousin a few times, whatever the hell that means.

I may come off as a liberal but if you dealt with me outside of this weird Trump bubble, I'm more center right. I've been called a 'South Park Republican' by my cousin a few times, whatever the hell that means.

some commentator coined that phrase after Team America came out.

it meant someone who is "liberal" on cultural issues, like not wanting homosexuals to be sent to prison solely for being gay, but "conservative" on foreign policy, like simply accepting the US military/gov't's rationale for killing people in some other country, and whenever we kill anyone, even if it's an innocent wedding party in Afghanistan, saying "Whatever! THis's great. I'm oK with this. Fuck you, liberals."

it was stupid because Team America was obvious satire of the Bush Administration's War On Terror, not an endorsement of it.

hence the "maybe" - you have some liberal tendencies, but in the rational classical sense of the term. I wouldn't put you squarely in the liberal or conservative bucket but you're clearly not a leftist whackjob like mc and bob.

it meant someone who is "liberal" on cultural issues, like not wanting homosexuals to be sent to prison solely for being gay, but "conservative" on foreign policy, like simply accepting the US military/gov't's rationale for killing people in some other country, and whenever we kill anyone, even if it's an innocent wedding party in Afghanistan, saying "Whatever! THis's great. I'm oK with this. Fuck you, liberals."

it was stupid because Team America was obvious satire of the Bush Administration's War On Terror, not an endorsement of it.

It was a pretty balanced satire - they were just as harsh if not moreso on your team.

It was a pretty balanced satire - they were just as harsh if not moreso on your team.

yes, it was spot on, since everyone on "the left" who opposed the war was a famous Hollywood actor.

Now Trunp confused why stock market go down. link.

tomdullton., spartonmacke pls splain to us

Last edited by a moderator:

I never would have pegged you as a libtard, for what it's worth.

Matt and Trey are Libertarians and probably Christian Existentialists, a la TS Elliott.

Oh fuck, I used the term libtard again.

Sorry.

yes, it was spot on, since everyone on "the left" who opposed the war was a famous Hollywood actor.

balanced and spot-on aren't the same thing, although I'd say they were both with respect to the targets of their ridicule. I think they know that not all lefty idiots were/are Hollywood actors, but if they put lefty idiots like you in the movie everyone would be like "who the hell is that lefty idiot?" It makes a lot more sense to put the higher profile, more famous lefty idiots in the movie.

Last edited:
I never would have pegged you as a libtard, for what it's worth.

Matt and Trey are Libertarians and probably Christian Existentialists, a la TS Elliott.

Oh fuck, I used the term libtard again.

Sorry.

and again. This could quickly devolve into a libtard "Knights Who Say Ni" sketch.

Last edited:
Now Trunp confused why stock market go down. link.

tomdullton., spartonmacke pls splain to us

What's with "Me Tarzan, you Jane", George of the Jungle rhetoric?

Oh I get it, you are imitating Trump. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or didn't your mom ever tell you that?

Oh I get it, you are imitating Trump. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or didn't your mom ever tell you that?

Why say lot word when few word do trick?

Trump should know the market is buy on rumor and anticipation and sell on confirmation and news, sigh.. yes I support much of what he is doing but sometimes do say trump... shut up

Apparently I need to watch Team America.

don't be the guy who comes in and asks people to explain why a joke is funny.

Back