Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chauncey Billups WARNING

beez

Chauncey Billups warned ALL NBA teams to stay away from the waiver wire. He said he didn't want anyone to claim him off the waiver wire, and that he's been the "nice" guy for too long. He warned he could be a disruptive lockeroom guy if the wrong team selected him. He wants to play for a contendar and wants to go somewhere to HIS liking "for once".....

Well the Clippers claimed him because that's what the Clippers do. Wouldn't be surprised for Chauncey to demand a trade or retire as he threatened he might. He said he's not interested in helping turn around a team or mentor young kids at this point. It's all about a title.

Meh, normally I could agree with the baby part but he's paid his dues imo. He stuck it out with Detroit, never complained in Denver or NY even though it wasn't his choice....he hasn't really gotten to experience FA like these other guys. While I understand it's a business, he wasn't traded he was waived. I'd probably do the same thing as far as telling team don't pick me up. If it works you get to call the shots...if it doesn't you play for a shitty team til your career is over ofr your contract is up.

Stuck it out in Detroit? He won a title there. He's not owed jack, he's made lots of coin.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Stuck it out in Detroit? He won a title there. He's not owed jack, he's made lots of coin.
This. We were a consistent contender when he was here.

I think here and Denver might be a couple of the places he'd welcome playing in again.

I understand where Billups is coming from. Since he was signed with the Pistons, he won a ring and restored a franchise. Then he is traded away to Denver, then traded to New York. When he probably wanted to stay with Rip in Detroit.

He just wants the chance to sign with the team he chooses to for his last contract probably.

But to be a bitch about it "you claim me and I'll be disruptive". That's bush.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]But to be a bitch about it "you claim me and I'll be disruptive". That's bush.

He has been kicked around the league for being a nice guy for almost the entirety of his career. I would be upset too

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Stuck it out in Detroit? He won a title there. He's not owed jack, he's made lots of coin.

I think here and Denver might be a couple of the places he'd welcome playing in again.

he said he wanted to play for a contender. Detroit and Denver are nowhere near contending teams!

I don't give a shit. If i heard a player say that and I was a GM, I'd claim him on purpose. Btw, didn't he sign with Detroit as FA? So had choices. Maybe he should have signed with the Lakers then. Well boo hoo for Mr. Big Shot.

tomdalton22 said:
kingofdetroit57 said:

he said he wanted to play for a contender. Detroit and Denver are nowhere near contending teams!
In the NBA they are. The league is trash and one or both will make the playoffs this season. LOL!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't give a shit. If i heard a player say that and I was a GM, I'd claim him on purpose. Btw, didn't he sign with Detroit as FA? So had choices. Maybe he should have signed with the Lakers then. Well boo hoo for Mr. Big Shot.

No you wouldn't.

Who cares what any of these clowns say in the NBA.. They are all millionaires.. I do not feel sorry for them.

Making the playoffs and being a contender is way different. A team with a losing record can get in for the east.

I don't feel sorry for him but I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to end my career with no chance of winning. He paid his dues.

he ended up in a good place with the clippers. He can play next to a chris paul. Playing as the 2 or rotating in at the point. Him and Paul might help this team to a ring.

Back