Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Voters say LSU even if they lose!

mhughes0021

This would simply be ridiculous imo lol:

Three voters, however, said that in a system that stresses the importance of the regular season and without a playoff to decide who's No. 1 at the end, LSU already has earned their votes.

"I will vote for LSU no matter what happens in the National Championship Game," wrote Erik Gee of KNML-AM in Albuquerque, N.M. "How in the world can they be the SEC West champ, the outright SEC champ, and lose to Alabama in a "neutral" site game (I guess you can debate the Superdome being a neutral site) after they have already beaten them in Tuscaloosa, have the series split 1-1 and not at least have a share of the national title?"

Joe Giglio of The News & Observer in Raleigh, N.C., agreed.

"Unless Alabama absolutely dominates LSU and leaves no doubt that it is a superior football team, I will be voting for LSU," he said. "I am voting for the No. 1 team in the country for the 2011 season, not the result of one game. In the case of this rematch presented by the BCS, you have to consider the scope of the entire season, not the timing of one loss."

Oklahoma State probably helped voters narrow the field. The third-ranked Cowboys' 41-38 overtime victory against No. 4 Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl was thrilling, but not the convincing performance they needed to swing the electorate their way.

I kind of like it...it's a big middle finger to the current system. The BCS is a racket.

mhughes0021 said:
"In the case of this rematch presented by the BCS, you have to consider the scope of the entire season, not the timing of one loss."

This part is the silliest part of it.

He says it like LSU dominated Alabama. He says it like Alabama losing to LSU in the middle of the season by 3 points is a bigger deal than beating LSU in the national championship game would be.

Seriously. LOL.

So these same voters who made sure Alabama got in the title game instead of Oklahoma St. are now saying Alabama isn't worth it?

Lmao.

Back