Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

March Tourney Madness

Hey Elrod you bet on baseball at all? I dabbled a bit last summer but not too much...

Yeah the Oregon cover was a nice touch for me although I didn't "deserve" the win. Being on the other side of those is so frustrating....I've been there many a time.

I do bet baseball and hockey from time to time, but not often. Typically I'll bet on a playoff series or futures on teams to win divisions, conference, championship etc. With baseball and hockey moneylines the way they are it's tough.

Agreed. Its so hard to find an edge, especially with the moneylines like you said. Just curious because we're about to be shit out of luck here in a couple weeks until football season!

Getting my plays in early today:

Florida/Marquette Over 146
Wisconsin/Cuse Under 120.5
Syracuse -3.5
Louisville +5
ML Parlay: Cuse/OSU

Good luck tonight!

Hmmm...I guess I never hit post my post...

I've got 'Cuse -3

Didn't have a good feeling either way with Sparty/Louisville. Perhaps a second half play if I can get a feel for the game. Of course, kg, you say you never get Sparty right no matter which side you take, maybe I should've gone MSU? Ha! I'm pulling for you there...

Cincy +7.5
Florida/Marquette over 146
Marquette -2

Lol yeah well you know what they say about the blind squirrel... even he finds a nut now and again. I figure State hasn't faced a team like that will press them like Pitino's boys will. They get after you on defense all the way up and down the floor and I don't trust Appling as the primary ballhandler in that situation. Louisville also runs that hybrid zone where its 2-3 til the ball hits the elbow or the block then switches to man... hopefully it'll limit Green a bit and they'll force enough turnovers with pressure to get the cover.

Tough loss on the 'Cuse wager. Hard to cover when your opponent hits over 50% from beyond the arc. I was confused at the end though...after Joseph missed his free throw they gave the ball to Consy...but I didn't see why. I didn't see them call a jump ball, no time out was called, couldn't have been a foul as 'Cuse was over the limit, and the 'Cuse guy on the ground wasn't close to being out of bounds...what was the call?

I think they called it out of bounds on the Syracuse player, I think it should have been a jump ball before that though. Don't know who had the arrow so it might not have mattered anyway.

'Cuse had the arrow...oh well...plenty of action left on the night...

Ouch...after going undefeated the last couple days 0-4 tonight...blah

At least you got a couple w's tonight kg...good work!

Thanks man, get 'em back tonight.

Still looking over the games for tonight, I am really pulling for my Wildcats tonight. I think they're gonna murder Indiana.

I do too, kg. I feel like they have nothing but revenge on the mind from last time...

I've got that one locked in at -9.5. So far that's the only one I'm feeling really confident in. Last meeting IU hit 9/15 from beyond the arc, Anthony Davis got into some foul trouble, and Terrence Jones played the worst game of his college career. UK did shoot 56% for the game but I think that was more of a product of them being better inside and dominating the paint than a spectacular shooting night.

Alright card for tonight:

Xavier +6
Xavier ML +240
Kansas -8.5
Kansas 1H -4.5
UNC/Ohio Under 66.5 1H

Also the UK bet I mentioned above.

Not liking much else in the UNC game at the moment, don't know how they're gonna respond with Marshall out.

I've got:
X-men +6.5
X-men/Baylor over 143
Ohio +11
Ohio/UNC over 143

Will most likely be taking Kentucky and Kansas late, possibly Kansas over...

Good luck kg, looks like we're thinking similarly so hopefully it's early week elrod versus yesterday elrod. Hahahahaha...

Ha me too! I'm rollin with you on Ohio, +10.5.

Xavier not looking so hot right now, that's been their M.O. so far though and lots of time left...

Nice call on Ohio bud!

Good night so far, let's go Kentucky and Kansas!

Is 8 more than 5? Hahahaha

Would've loved to see Ohio and the X-men win outright. Heavy underdogs seem to cover late in the Dance. Kind of ties Vegas's hands...these teams aren't supposed to be there so you can't make the line close or people will hammer the favorite, but those pesky mid-majors got nothing but heart. Lines should be tougher here on out...

Pretty good night....we'll stick it to 'em a bit harder tomorrow. In fact I'm tired of digging through this thread so I'll create an Elite Eight thread

Back