Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

High School Football

tycobb420

Anyone else think that adults, not incl. college coaches, following HS football is creepy?

Well I don't see anything wrong with it but then I do go to some games..My daughter is a junior and in the band so i like to follow her and my son's school... But neither care for football..But when they are not in the playoffs I like to go watch other good playoff games. I really don't see anything wrong with it...

Is it any creepier than following the little league world series?

Romneybot said:
Is it any creepier than following the little league world series?

No. That is kinda creepy as well.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Well I don't see anything wrong with it but then I do go to some games..My daughter is a junior and in the band so i like to follow her and my son's school... But neither care for football..But when they are not in the playoffs I like to go watch other good playoff games. I really don't see anything wrong with it...

You have ties though.

DoctorDetroit124 said:
I don't see how it would be creepy. Alumni come to games to support there school.

If you are 18 or 19...not if you're 29...or 49...or 69...

tycobb420 said:
DoctorDetroit124 said:
I don't see how it would be creepy. Alumni come to games to support there school.

Then how would colleges recruit kids? Nothing wrong with going to games. For 5 dollars plus snacks it is a cheap night. Now when my kids graduates I may go to less...

Watching kids like both Grady's, Nichols, and Harris, Staley and others here in Grand Rapids are fun... You get to see them when they are the best and to see how they develop as a college and maybe pro player..
Harris and Staley went on to the NFL..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
tycobb420 said:

Then how would colleges recruit kids? Nothing wrong with going to games. For 5 dollars plus snacks it is a cheap night. Now when my kids graduates I may go to less...

Watching kids like both Grady's, Nichols, and Harris, Staley and others here in Grand Rapids are fun... You get to see them when they are the best and to see how they develop as a college and maybe pro player..

Well I said unless you're a college coach....

tycobb420 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

Well I said unless you're a college coach....

But TY that was in the first message... I had completely forgotten about the first one and concentrating on the other messages... My wife calls it selective hearing... In this case it is selective forgetfulness in reading. God I have the memory of a ant unless it involves sports games/stats.... :) Anyway at least my daughter can driver herself to the games now since she has to be there at 5pm for the band..... Not really sure if that is a good thing her driving.... The worry factor is off the charts now days...

i don't understand how it's creepy. I mean, if you love the game of football it's another form of entertainment on a friday night. Now, if you're out their taking pictures of the bench and the cheerleaders...then yes, that's creepy. But i see nothing wrong with wanting to go see a football game. If you're using the logic of "But they're kids and grown men are watching them play", then you should feel the same way about college football. pretty much the same thing as far as ages go.

Yeah i don't get the creepy part either... I enjoy going to the games and I like the playoff games even better. I had a chance to see Caledonia beat East Grand rapids in the 2005 district final at EGR 14-7 in one of the hardest hitting games I have every seen on that level... After that game Caledonia cruised to the D-3 title and beat my Alma-mater Haslett 27-6. I knew Caledonia's coach so it was ok I guess. But it is fun to see teams on TV in the title games like Menominee from the U.P. who have run the single wing forever and on a regular basis beat teams from the bigger cities..It is always fun to root for the underdog teams...Or say the Public verses private schools debate...

Just reminds me of those beauty pagents for 8 year old girls.

tycobb420 said:
Just reminds me of those beauty pagents for 8 year old girls.

that's different. football players aren't pretty. they aren't dressed up like little whores. If i still lived in michigan i'd go see my old school play.

it's not creepy. it's not like you are going for a sexual thrill (or are you when you are there?)...you are watching a football game. i could give a shit about the teams because there are some really good high school football players out there. i just checked out egr-union while i was home last weekend and enjoyed myself. i like seeing the alma mater.

Back