Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

This is probably worthy of a post or discussion

RedeemerKid

Tie game, 3 or 4 seconds left to play. DeLaSalle lines up for a very long field goal. What's the worst that can happen? Miss and go to OT?

Catholic Central's Zach Bock, on his own, decides to drop back just in case the kick is short. No CC Coach or other teammates are aware of any intent to run it back. They had not discussed it at all. But Zach Bock is also a kicker. He's more aware than most of the things that cause kickers to lose sleep at night. So he does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXbe_FU0o9Y

Wow. Surprised that the TD was not nullified by the idiotic HS rules on celebration. Glad it wasn't.

Wow. Surprised that the TD was not nullified by the idiotic HS rules on celebration. Glad it wasn't.

If there was still time on the clock, I think we would potentially have seen a penalty. Maybe enforced on the kickoff. But then again, if that play hadn't ended the game, the celebration would not have been anything like that.

as much as I hated CC back in hs, that was pretty awesome.

the short FG runback is one of my favorite plays to see in football.

the other times I've seen it happen, it was part of a plan, with an additional blocker back there, which makes this kid's effort all the more amazing.

as much as I hated CC back in hs, that was pretty awesome.

the short FG runback is one of my favorite plays to see in football.

the other times I've seen it happen, it was part of a plan, with an additional blocker back there, which makes this kid's effort all the more amazing.

And that particular kid played every snap. He's RB/WR, DB, punter, kicker (placekicking and kickoffs), and returner (punts and kicks). Imagine how gassed he must have been. All the more amazing for a HS kid. He's headed to WMU on a soccer scholarship.

Back