Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Marine City 49 South Christian 35 Final D-4

biggunsbob

Friday 7:30
Marine City (12-1) vs. Grand Rapids South Christian (12-1)
Overall since 1950
Marine City ..............396-202-8
South Christian.........301-179-2 (1965)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class size 596

Marine City last won a state title in 2007..They lost a title in 2011. they are a darn good football program. Points for/against stand at 508/245 and their playoff push was anything but easy winning verses a good Sexton team yesterday 12-7.. They have 1 team shutout..

http://michigan-football.com/f/marinecy.htm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class size 645.

GRSC is a team I know well and I am sorry to say I do not like.. They are only 5 miles from Byron Center and pull kids from all around GR.. Oh well a different debate.
They do have a great QB.. This kid is really good.. They ran off 7 in a row to a d-4 title last year and have had no trouble in this years playoffs. Points for/against are at
445/242 and they have zero shutouts this season..

http://michigan-football.com/f/grschr.htm

Prediction

Defending champs made a fantastic run last year and I think they will go back to back in another private verses public battle.. Marine City surprised me with that win verses Sexton but I think SC will pull way for a 10 point win... (Hope not)...LOL

Semi-final scores.
SF1: Grand Rapids South Christian 20, Comstock Park 6
SF2: Marine City 12, Lansing Sexton 7

Last edited:
Should have known Marine City was the real deal after beating Sexton.
Score is 35-28 midway through the fourth in a wild offense show by both teams..

Guys are wide open all over the field verses SC, and this is out of the Wing T..

Last edited:
MC up 35-28 going into the fourth have the ball on the SC one yard line though first and ten..

TD...MC up 14 now..
They have a girl place kicker...
she is 64 out of 64 on pats this year..

Last edited:
Two minutes later SC scores to cut lead to
42-35

Last edited:
TD Marine City..
49-35..
three left.
The Girl is now 65 for 65 on PAT's

Marine City will improve to 13-1... (2-1 in title games).
SC will fall's to 12-2... (2-2 in title games).

Private schools now up 2-1 going into Saturday's three games...

Last edited:
Back