Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ispehming 22 Detroit Loyola 12 Final D-7

biggunsbob

Saturday 10 am..
Detroit Loyola (13-0) vs. Ishpeming (13-0)

Detroit loyal...........107-83 overall.
Ishpeming .............307-241-9 overall.

DL is a private school team from the good catholic league CC with total of 282 kids. They had 4 shutouts this season and had a easy playoff run to get their rematch as you can see.
DL's points for/against are 499/119

http://michigan-football.com/f/detloyla.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ishpeming is defending d-7 champion a public school team with 262 kids from the UP.
Points for/against at 542/87 with 6 shutouts this season. they had two easy games in the playoffs and two that were closer but they won going away.

http://michigan-football.com/f/ishpming.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last season I picked the private school team from Detroit to win by five td's or more..
I was way wrong as Ishpeming went up 20-0 if I am recalling it right and hung on for a 20-14 win..
I watched this game and thought DL was so damn much bigger..
Ishpeming played really tough with a great defense..
DL plays tougher teams in the regular season.

I favor Detroit Loyola by 7

I think Ishpeming will go back to back..

semi-final scores.
SF1: Ishpeming 44, Harbor Beach 10
SF2: Detroit Loyola 52, Homer 7

Last edited:
Ishpeming up 14-0 at halftime... Scored a TD with 4:38 left in the third quarter and a two point conversion.
Up 22-0 as they look to repeat..

Ballgame maybe..
22-6
Two point conversion not made..

Ishpeming improves to 14-0 and has now gone back to back. The have four titles overall.
DL falls to 13-1 and 0-2 in title games.

DL had four turnovers to zero for Ishpeming.

I was very impressed with Ishpeming..

Public verses private is now 2-2 With two to go..

Back