Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chat feature?

adam86107

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on having a chat feature enabled during games, if its even possible. That way it would refresh instantly and wouldn't have to have a thread just dedicated to the game with hundreds of "fuck" posts. Plus it would allow real time updating. Just a thought.

Not sure it can be done in the way you want to be..

Personally, though, chat "boards" can go by awfully quick and you actually miss conversations. That's just me.

I just figured that it'd be easier with as much activity that comes on game day, just a thought.

I just figured that it'd be easier with as much activity that comes on game day, just a thought.

Another negative would be that everyone won't want to do the chat which means we get broken up, some doing chat and some posting in the typical way. Just the way I feel on the subject but ask admin and maybe he can do something for you..

There was a chat feature on the old board, and it never got used.

A forum you can post links, make edits, quote, etc. far superior to a messenger style chat program.

Bump

Anyone ever used the live blog on mgoblog on Saturdays? It's wonderful. Obviously we don't have the server strength and money to throw at something of that caliber but a stable chat would be nice for game days only.

Just something to think about.

Back