Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Smith... POS

lucke

Anybody else think Smith is a huge POS? I feel that if he tried half as hard, as he's playing now, in his year+ with us, we wouldn't have been quite as lousy? I know he wasn't really a fit for us, but his complete lack of interest after signing a huge contact still grinds my gears.

Smith really isn't that much better of a player in Houston. He's still a bad shooter with bad tendencies who ends up scoring inefficiently the vast majority of the time. It's easy to forget that he was a great defender for the Pistons, despite a terrible scheme and worse teammates. The fact is, the Pistons never had (nor yet have) the team to support Josh Smith as a player. Houston has a bunch of shooters and a much better defined hierarchy on the court, it's easy for him to play better.

But even then, he's only about as good as his last year in Atlanta - which was his worst year since he was first breaking into the league. He's not a good player anymore, but since he's always been good on defense, he can fit into a useful role on the right team.

Smith was having a bad series until last night. Glad he's gone. Glad Dumars is gone.

Some guys get lucky and find a team that advances in the playoffs :/

Man did the Clippers Gag game 6!!!!

Back