Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NBA Finals

It's a shame Lebron plays in an era of such a shitty brand of basketball. He'll never get a fair shake from most people, myself included.

Agreed. Vince Carter, Durant, LeBron, Dwight Howard?, Carmelo?, Wade, Paul, Dirk, Pierce?, Garnett, Westbrook, Duncan, and Kobe. Like that is the Hall of Fame list for current NBA players. Kind of early to say about Anthony Davis, Lilliard, etc.

Compare that to 1992 for instance. Jordan played in the NBA with 23 other Hall of Famers. And 20+ more players that were good but not Hall of Fame worthy like a few of the question marks in todays NBA.

But, in general look at the gap as far as HoF talent goes. Currently the majority of the Hall of Fame players are very old. Obvioulsy the rookies or sophmores have a hard time making a case for but the guys in the middle with 4+ years of service....there isn't many.

LeBron is dominating an NBA that is just lackluster in talent. It's a lot like how many NHL experts and hardcore fans kind of discredit Gretzky's numbers and dominance because of the level of talent he went against.

Agreed. Vince Carter, Durant, LeBron, Dwight Howard?, Carmelo?, Wade, Paul, Dirk, Pierce?, Garnett, Westbrook, Duncan, and Kobe. Like that is the Hall of Fame list for current NBA players. Kind of early to say about Anthony Davis, Lilliard, etc.

Compare that to 1992 for instance. Jordan played in the NBA with 23 other Hall of Famers. And 20+ more players that were good but not Hall of Fame worthy like a few of the question marks in todays NBA.

But, in general look at the gap as far as HoF talent goes. Currently the majority of the Hall of Fame players are very old. Obvioulsy the rookies or sophmores have a hard time making a case for but the guys in the middle with 4+ years of service....there isn't many.

LeBron is dominating an NBA that is just lackluster in talent. It's a lot like how many NHL experts and hardcore fans kind of discredit Gretzky's numbers and dominance because of the level of talent he went against.

I think Manu, Parker, Gasol, Allen, Nash all played recently and will likely be HOF. Based on their projected career paths I think it would be logical to believe that Harden, Davis, & Curry will have a good shot. Others that will have a shot...Aldridge (19.4, 8.4), Cousins (19/11) Griffin (22/10)

I think Manu, Parker, Gasol, Allen, Nash all played recently and will likely be HOF. Based on their projected career paths I think it would be logical to believe that Harden, Davis, & Curry will have a good shot. Others that will have a shot...Aldridge (19.4, 8.4), Cousins (19/11) Griffin (22/10)

Manu only averages 14/4/4... Sure he has rings, but you need to be much better stat wise. Pau Gasol could make it, 18/9 isn't Hall of Fame worthy when guys like Spencer Haywood with better numbers aren't in it. But, maybe the NBA would just because of the foriegn aspect? Ray Allen will make it for sure, but he didn't play this year and neither did Nash. But both are HoFs. Aldridge, Cousins, and Griffin would need something more than just stats alone to make it, because again there are players with better stats and resumes not in the Hall of Fame compared to those three.

I mean if Haywood, Webber, Artis Gilmore, Morning, Mutombo, Tim Hardaway, etc aren't making it in the Hall of Fame... I can't throw Griffin in over them. To me Griffin is just the new age Shawn Kemp. Very similar styles and stats. Or with Harden, he may just be another great scorer like Bernard King or Mitch Richmond.

Tony Parker probably won't make it either tbh. 17/6 averages with his best years behind him (meaning his stats are just gonna fall) doesn't wow me. Good players with rings don't just get an automatic bid. However, the other side of that coin is Steve Nash. His averages aren't that impressive, mostly because he had a very slow start to his career and he fell off hard at the end of it..no rings but he does have career marks like 3rd or 4th all time in assists and he is the best shooting PG of all-time (percentage wise).

Always good when Lebron doesn't win. I read the Warriors had no one on the team with finals experience.

I'm waiting for his next "I'm bringing my old self to South Beach" live on ESPN.

Last edited:
Without Jordan the Bulls were still a 50 win team those two years. The heat and Cleveland nosedived without lebron.

He's still the best player of the two. And with that when you need a basket at games end I'm still going with Isaiah.

Always good when Lebron doesn't win. I read the Warriors had no one on the team with finals experience.

I'm waiting for his next "I'm bringing my old self to South Beach" live on ESPN.

For me I wanted him to lose right after that press conference with Miami, "were not gonna win 1,2,3,.......7 championships etc. I think there are quite afew that feel the same way.

For me I wanted him to lose right after that press conference with Miami, "were not gonna win 1,2,3,.......7 championships etc. I think there are quite afew that feel the same way.

To be fair, he damn near delivered. 4 straight Finals appearances, 2 rings, and they were at least favored in 2011 as well.

I was going to root against any East team specifically because it seems so imbalanced. A good team in the East may face one tough series before the Finals. Even a great team in the West is forced to beat multiple teams as good or better than everyone in the East just to make the Finals. When GS lost those two games I was actually upset with them. The Finals should have been a dismantling, because GS is simply that much better than the Cavs.

Back