Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The BCS Doomsday Scenario

I will go on the record as saying there will be 5 undefeateds...Oklahoma, Alabama, Wisconsin, and Stanford....oh add Boise

tycobb420 said:
I will go on the record as saying there will be 5 undefeateds...Oklahoma, Alabama, Wisconsin, and Stanford....oh add Boise

Oops

tycobb420 said:

NEVER go on the record. Jeez.

seven (7) teams still undefeated: LSU, Alabama, OkSt, BoiseSt, Clemson, Stanford, and KState.

Last year after wk 9, there were also seven (7): Aub, Oregon, BoiseSt, TCU, MSU, Mizzou, and Utah.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":7tok4u9i]Interesting listen.

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/pl....msday-scenari o

good videos. i hope we have 6 undefeateds at the end of the year. That would put a ton of pressure on NCAA to put in some kind of a playoff system. I don't see the harm in having a 4 team playoff. 1st games played on New Year's day and the title game a week later.

[/quote:7tok4u9i]

So who decides between the 4th playoff team and the one who just misses out? BCS blows but its not perfect in this scenario either.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":f25r9v4y]

good videos. i hope we have 6 undefeateds at the end of the year. That would put a ton of pressure on NCAA to put in some kind of a playoff system. I don't see the harm in having a 4 team playoff. 1st games played on New Year's day and the title game a week later.

So who decides between the 4th playoff team and the one who just misses out? BCS blows but its not perfect in this scenario either. [/quote:f25r9v4y]

Maybe let the Big 6 conference champs in plus 2 wild cards. Even if there was a 64 team tournament, people would be asking who should be cut out.

tycobb420 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

So who decides between the 4th playoff team and the one who just misses out? BCS blows but its not perfect in this scenario either.

Maybe let the Big 6 conference champs in plus 2 wild cards. Even if there was a 64 team tournament, people would be asking who should be cut out.

Exactly. Whether it be 4 teams, 12, 64 or a BCS. I still like the old way of API, UPI.

Back