Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Paterno to try and coach from the side lines.

wolverine304

I don't know if there's a coach I enjoy more than Paterno. It'd be nice for him if he could coach on the sidelines all year.

COME TO PENN STATE!!!

wow. the guy is old enough to remember world war 2 and he's still going. kudos.

How much actual coaching does Paterno do these days? Are there any articles out of Happy Valley that discuss his actual role with the team?

I totally respect JoePa, but he needs to retire soon.. THe man is a living legend and still as sharp as a tact, but I don't think he has the physical build to coach anymore.. He should just sit back and take a AD job while his assistants take over... He certainly has a good staff under him..

Good luck to Joe Pa to be the all time winningest coach in Div 1 football with his 409 victory today.

He still knows all his players names unlike Bobby Bowden did at the end. He is more of a figure head though, also he donates most of his paycheck back to the University so in their minds its really not a big deal to keep him around.

Back